Chapter 6

The days were passing by so quickly, I had only two days left of freedom and I planned to live them fully. My parents had promised me not to bring up Alaricus Knight the morning after the ball when they found me in my bed. My pillow soaked with tears I had explained to them what that man had planned out for me, sobbing into my dads arms and since then, that was the taboo topic.

I had been hanging out with my friends and spending quality time with my family although a part of me wanted simply to stay alone, but I couldn't afford that. That man was a tyrant and I, simply a possession to him, I knew I would never see my loved ones again from the moment I step foot into that palace. Wolf mates seldom allowed for their mates to visit family. A wolf was extremely possessive of their mate by nature, they didn't like the thought of their mate thinking of, let alone needing another. Their mate was everything to them, and they wanted to be everything to their mate. This man was known to be absolutely ruthless, incapable of loving anyone and I was to spend the rest of my days with such a person.

Everywhere I went I got pitied glances from people even the most power hungry girls of the werewolf community I knew looked at me sympathetically. But those were the courageous ones, others avoided me like the plague, crowds parting where I walked. It only worsened the way I felt, I was clearly an outsider now, treated like Alaricus Knight himself. Already my own identity had been stolen from me, I wasn't just the human girl who could do as she pleased unnoticed. No longer Amara Winters, now I was only the mate of the infamous Alaricus Knight. To some, crossing me was the easiest path to self destruction, to others I was the girl doomed to an eternity of misery.

I heard the doorbell ring indicating my friends were here. We planned to have a movie night and eat the most unhealthy of junk foods. I opened the door seeing Marina and Aaron, my closest guy friend holding many bags of god knows what. I rushed to help him but Marina grabbed my arm leading me to my bedroom and I threw Aaron an apologetic look from past my shoulder.

We cued up a horror movie dimming the lights to the point where the room was pitch dark and setting up all the different types of chocolate and extra butter popcorn. We covered ourselves with a huge thick blanket. I sat in the middle and as the movie progressed I was completely squished by both my friends and all three of us were under the blanket.

Me and Marina were gripping onto each other as the crazy axe murdering spirit chased after the girl. Aaron had given up trying to act brave and was currently hugging a pillow whining about watching an action movie. The room went dead silent when we heard a spinning blade but the problem was it wasn't from the movie. We sat there eyes wide too scared to even blink, and soon the door started creaking open. We screamed when we saw a small unruly figure in the door. Aaron yanked on the blanket we were sitting on, and we all stumbled off the bed onto the ground. I landed ungracefully on top of Marina, Aaron's lanky form sprawled over the both of us. His knee digging into my hip painfully. The lights were turned on and any pain was forgotten as we screamed even louder.

We heard a responding scream that sounded oddly like my mom, me and Aaron finally peaked over the bed clinging to each other. My mom stood there looking absolutely horrified holding a blender which contained some sort of berry blend.

"I just wanted to show you guys our new wireless smoothie machine but you all are lunatics." My mom near well screamed slamming the door shut. We sat there embarrassed until we heard a groan. We looked down to see we were basically both sitting on top of Marina and jumped off helping her up. Apologizing to her as she cursed like a sailor, clutching her sides.

After finalizing that we were going to never again in our lives watch a horror movie we blackmailed Aaron into watching the Titanic with us. He grumbled the whole time angrily munching on cold popcorn. As the movie got close to the ending, I felt tears begin to stream down my face and I cried silently realizing I would never experience a love like this. I would always just be a privileged prisoner to the merciless king. Marina sniffled softly next to me and I hugged her but we broke apart when we heard a horribly muffled sob.

Aaron was crying, we watched him quietly for a few minutes before Marina burst out giggling and Aaron looked at us embarrassed. Whining about it being an emotional movie, and threatening us to never tell anyone. Me and Marina threw ourselves at him hugging him tightly. We all cried through the rest of the movie together and through the credits yelling we wanted a Jack, or in Aaron's case a girl version of Jack.

We heard a knock on the door and my dad walked in his eyes widening at the sight of us all clinging to each other sobbing. He looked over his shoulder back at the hallway, taking a small step backwards. But threw ourselves at him before he could get away. He nearly fell back as he struggled to stabilize the three of us in his arms. My mom was right behind him and Aaron untangled himself from our group hug and embraced my mom and she patted his back, cooing to him as if he were an injured toddler. My friends had always considered my parents their parents, and they were over so often I doubt my parents saw a difference between me and them. Sometimes I thought my mom liked Aaron better because he loved to cook with her.

I felt my heart swell up when I realized this was most likely the last time we would all be together like this, because the next time I would see them all was when they bid me farewell. I cling onto my dad sobbing now and I think they realized I wasn't just crying for the movie now, and they embraced me tighter. My mother and Aaron joining into the hug.