Chapter 45

His arm wrapped tightly around my waist as he led me to our washroom, and I leaned onto him, letting him support most of my weight, I was still far too unsteady to walk on my own. I swiveled around on the balls of my feet as we came to stand before the mirror. My hair looked a bit more dry than usual, and my lips were pale, but what stood out the most was the bruises on my throat. My hand flew up to the bluish purple skin and I pressed against it tenderly, wincing at the immediate pain. My eyes darted over to Alaricus to see him staring at my reflection, his lips pressed together tightly as he stared at my throat. His jaw was clenched tightly as he fought to rein in his temper, now that it was clear that I was going to recover fully, his concern was starting to turn to anger. 

"I can't believe that mutt had the nerve to touch you, to harm his queen." Alaricus growled angrily, the veins of his forearm that was wrapped around my waist sticking out prominently. 

"Calm down Alaricus, I'm alright, he got what he deserved." I consoled him gently, leaning up to press a kiss to the tick in his jaw. He visibly relaxed at my words, giving me a small nod. 

Alaricus leaned forward to grab my toothbrush, handing it to me before grabbing the toothpaste and adding a long line of it to the bristles. I turned on the faucet, wetting my toothbrush, while Alaricus did the same for his. I leaned into Alaricus' side as we brushed our teeth, trying to focus on really getting the brush and the toothpaste spread all around my mouth. Looking up into the mirror I raised my brow at Alaricus who sported a goofy grin as he watched our reflections, brushing his own teeth. His smile getting wider as my eyes met his in the reflection. 

"This just feels like such a couple-y thing to do." He said, his voice muffled by the brush and I snorted at him. He was undoubtedly the biggest dork I had ever known. I leaned forward to spit out the toothpaste, before rinsing the brush and my mouth. I waited patiently as he did the same. 

"Undress me?" I asked hoarsely as soon as he was finished, and his eyes widened as he gulped, seeming both nervous but also desirous. 

I turned to face him, looking into his eyes expectantly as his hands found the top button of my silk pajama shirt. His hands seemed to tremble a bit, and I braced myself, preparing to put all my weight on my feet despite how weak I still felt. Taking my hand off the sink, I put both hands over his, using them to lower his arms. I kept my eyes on his as I slowly brought my hands to the hem of his shirt, pulling it up slowly, and he caught on, raising his arms for me as I raised the shirt over his head. 

I let my hands trail over the beautiful glowing tan skin that had been revealed, taking my time to explore his muscled chest, and his hands found my waist as my hands moved lower to his abs. I trailed my fingers over them slowly, enjoying how defined they were, tracing them for the very first time after all those times of simply admiring them from afar. I looked up back into his eyes to see them glowing brightly with desire. My teeth sank into my soft bottom lip as a wave of desire shot through me, knowing the way I affected him made me more bold and my hands were soon on his v-line. I traced it tantalizingly slowly with my index finger, following its path with my eyes, and I heard Alaricus' breathing grow heavy as I reached the top of his pants. 

I let my thumbs sink under them, and I lowered them, hooking his briefs along with them. My eyes feasted over all of him, all of what was mine, and blood rushed to my cheeks as I caught sight of the evidence of his approval for my behavior. He was definitely large, larger than what I had even thought possible. I looked up at him, keeping my eyes level with his chest, suddenly feeling too shy to look into his eyes. 

"My sweet angel." Alaricus murmured gently, his hands cupping my warm cheeks, as his thumbs ran over the blush of them.  He raised my chin so that I was looking into his eyes, he looked at me as though asking for permission, and I simply nodded in response.