The Job

Hey there! So I'm going to try and update this story every day. This is not one of my best works but I will try to make an effort here. Let me know in the comments if you enjoy this story or if I need some changes, Enjoy!

Chapter 2: The Job

"So, explain this to me again. You're going to see who?" Crimson's mom questioned.

Crimson sighed again.

"I'm going to see the sheriff at the Atlanta Police Department about an open position. I promise I'll be OK." Crimson stated as she gave her mom a gentle look.

Her mom took a deep sigh and nodded her head.

"Ok, but promise me you'll come straight home after. Text me how it goes." Crimson's mother explained.

Crimson smiled and nodded. " Promise."

-

The next day after school Crimson headed to the bus stop that would take her down to Atlanta. She's been there a couple of times but didn't really have time to go and visit it all that much.

She lived like an hour away anyway.

So the bus came after about 15 minutes of waiting and she got on and set her stuff in the seat with her. Crimson didn't have time to go home so she was stuck with her school bag. Good thing she didn't carry much.

As the bus began to drive off Crimson looked out her window taking in the view of the outside. She had a lot on her mind at the moment. Crimson sighed and took out a book from her bag opening it to read. It was one of her favorites by Mary Downing Hann "Wait Till Helen Comes".

As she was reading she heard someone shout behind her. She looked back and saw a child with her mom. She didn't look too happy.

"If you don't start behaving Matthew..." The parent began.

The child, who Crimson assumed was Matthew, looked up at his mother and pouted.

"But I wanna play." The child whined.

Crimson looked apologetically at the child.

'Heh, I know how that feels. Being forced to sit still. Torture for a kid. ' Crimson thought grabbing her headphones and putting on her music.

-

Finally after sometime the bus made its stop. Crimson had put both her book and phone in her bag standing up and walking off the bus. As she stepped off the bus she looked around. She remembered the address the sheriff gave her.

The girl walked in what she assumed was the right direction. She kept a keen eye out for anything that seemed like it would point her in the direction of the Police Department. She walked a bit further when she noticed a sign.

Just her luck.

It was a sign that pointed towards the building.

She walked in the direction which it said to go. She made it to the building and took a deep breath before opening the door. She walked inside and saw that it wasn't as busy as she thought it would be.

There were a few policeman here and there but not a lot. Maybe most of them were out. Crimson took a bold step forward and walked up to one of them.

"Excuse me?" Crimson questioned trying to get his attention.

The policeman stood up from his bent over position and turned to Crimson. He was a bit taller than her but not too intimidating.

"Yes?"

"U-Um...I was wondering where the Sheriff's office was?" Crimson mentally screamed at herself for stuttering.

The somewhat chubby policeman nodded and pointed in a direction. "To the left of the post office over there."

Crimson nodded and thanked him. He waved it off and got back to his work.

Crimson walked in the direction she was told and looked for the Sheriff's office. She turned left and saw that it was literally right next to the post office.

The door was closed so she knocked before entering. She heard a grim "Enter" before she turned the knob and walked in.

"Hello? Sheriff Collins?" Crimson saw the Sheriff look up with an unamused expression.

"Yes?"

"I'm Crimson Waves. The one you sent a letter to about an open position."

Crimson took note of how the mention of her name and that letter seemed to make the Sheriff's expression beam with glee but only slightly.

'Must be tired.' She thought.

The Sheriff got up and walked to Crimson.

"You considered taking the offer?" The Sheriff had a slight pleading voice.

Crimson nodded. The Sheriff smiled widely.

"Welcome to the team then." He said and shook her hand.

-

Ok, so this chapter is a bit short for my liking but I will be making longer ones. I was in a bit of a rush this morning. Hope you all are enjoying this story. I will try to update as soon as possible. Gotta run! Bye!