2.dramaticness

I neatly brush my hair, along with my teeth. I throw on a clean shirt and a pair of blue jeans that are slightly skinnier than the pair I was wearing earlier today.

I sit down on my bed for a moment, thinking about all of the tours and rules that miss Abby had given us. Today at the camp meeting she went over everything we needed to know. She said that usually the lights need to be out by 10:00 pm, but since today is the first day light out will be moved to 11:00.

I already knew that from last year but it felt good to refresh my memory.We just got back from our night hike about 25 minutes ago and were given 30 minutes to freshen up before going out again at 10:00 to hang out with all of the campers.

And as much as I don't want to admit it, a certain person is on my mind. A certain person, with a certain pair of blue eyes.

I sit there for a while longer, going over all of the other places and details we learned at the meeting today. Miss Abby said that each cabin has 4 or 5 kids. She clarified that the boys and girls don't share cabins for obvious reasons.

Every cabin has a name related to nature. Jacob's cabin is Redwood, named after the tree and my cabin is jasmine, named after the flower.

There are 5 girls in my cabin, including myself. The girls all seem really nice, except for Mackenzie, I'm not quite sure about her yet. She claims her dad owns Camp Lincoln, but no one believes her.

Another one of my roommates, Lexi, told me that Mackenzie is a pain in the butt and can spread rummers faster than you can say "Camp Lincoln". And I believe her, one look at Mackenzie and you would too. With her French tipped nails and jet black hair, she looks pretty intimidating, and like she lacks self confidence.

Then there's Molly. Molly hangs out with Mackenzie, but she's much calmer. Sometimes I wonder how those relationships work, when two people who are so close have totally different personalities. Maybe Molly's calmness evens out Mackenzie's dramaticness. The altitude is really getting to my head, I have only been here for a couple hours and I am already making up words like dramaticness. Or maybe that is a word, I don't know, I'm tired.

My other roommates are Lexi and Marlee. The moment we saw each other we all wanted to be friends. They are the sweetest people you have ever met. They both have amazing personalities and are so much fun to hang out with!

I think about earlier, when Lexi said that she went to camp here last year. I'm pretty sure I saw her here, but I just never said hi.

I was a little happy when Marlee said this is her first year here. I am glad to know that I can help her if she needs help finding a certain activity.

I look up at the clock, realizing it's already 9:57. I better get going so I have time to find Jacob. I think about what he said to me earlier, my heart flutters.

I knock on the bathroom door ,"Lexi, you almost ready?"

Lexi emerges from the bathroom, wearing a blue camp shirt that she paired with jeans similar to mine, and black converse. She's effortlessly pretty."yep", she says as she spins around once or twice before adding," how do I look?"

"like you're going to a ball, now come on before we are late", I reply laughing. She just rolls her eyes and laughs with me.

We start walking toward campfire next to the cafeteria. It's silent for a moment before Lexi asks about our other friend,"Where's Marlee?"

I think about what Marlee had said to me before she left,"She's already there. She was hungry and wanted to go down early to get an apple." I chuckle as I say that last part, thinking about how silly it sounds out loud. But that's the way Marlee is, don't let the kindness fool you, that girl is as stubborn as a rock. And I just met her today.

"Of course she did." Lexi says laughing.

Lexi and I laugh as we walk up to the campfire. I look around for a moment before I see Jacob, sitting on a bench, waiting for me? "Hey Lex, I'll catch up with you later."

"Okay but don't get lost", she says smiling.

"You know me too well", I say. She chuckles as I walk over to Jacob.

"Hey!" He looks at me, smiling. I sit down next to him before answering,...

Sorry for the sucky chapter. I promise, the next one will be better! This one was kind of a filler, just to give you a more vivid idea of what the camp is like.

Thanks for all of the love and support!

Xoxo,
Gentry💜