Chapter 12

Chapter 12

**

Panicking, I sat straight at the edge of the couch. "What is it?"

Eric ran back upstairs and came down with two files. He placed one file in front of me and second file in front of Amber.

Looking at him, I took the file from the table and opened it to read. My eyes widen when I saw what was in the file. Turning to Amber, she was already reading her file with concentration.

"Hired?" She asked looking up at Eric, who nodded his head.

"Take a look." I urged my file in her direction and exchanged it with hers.

"What the-" She stopped reading and looked at me. "Do you know this person?"

"I have a pretty good idea," I said, distantly. I so wished I could talk to Ethan. If only he would have understood. Now, I have to do this without their help.

"Thanks, Eric." I forced a smile.

"No problem." He nodded. "If you want my help. Call me. Don't do anything reckless." He warned.

"I'll make sure," Amber said, firmly.

"I'll explain you guys once." Eric said and sat on the couch in front of us. He began explaining what all he found out. Some were the information I already knew, but I wished I had gone a little deeper into this matter as soon as I realised the connection.

It was 4:55 by the time Eric explained. Once he was done, I asked him about his girlfriend and we talked about it for a while before taking off. We drove off to the park where we were going to meet the guys. Parking the car, Amber and I came out and rushed towards the boys who were standing near the railing.

"Where were you guys?" Alex asked. Amber and I looked at each other. I looked back Alex and gave him one of the files while giving the second file to Chris. They read it, some of it.

"Bloody hell," Alex muttered. They exchange files as realisation hits them.

"Someone was behind this. They reached out to you on purpose. How did you find out all of this?" Chris asked in surprise.

"We don't have time to think how did I find and all that, but this is pretty clear. I thought them chasing me just to have fun with me, doesn't seem right. I mean if I ran off from there and hide somewhere; naturally they should have gone back to the club. But they were still searching for me because not only did they want to have fun with me, but also to kidnap me." I said, realising every single detail after speaking out loud.

"And the person behind this has something to do with her father. Just like before. They decided to target her again. To take their revenge for falling out." Amber completed.

"Before?" Alex asked. "What do you mean she was involved before?"

I kept a blank face. They didn't know what happened 6 years ago. All this is related to what happened 6 years ago. Why didn't I realise this before?

"That's nothing to worry now. That's a story for some other day," Amber said.

"We have to have a plan now. We can't leave this. You guys are going to help us, right?" I asked, looking back and forth between Alex and Chris.

"Hell, yes." They both shouted. I smiled at them.

"We are going to need a plan." I said, looking at Amber.

"Why are you saying and smiling like a creep and looking at my girlfriend?" Chris asked.

"Because.." I smirked.