Chapter Thirteen

Quick Note: I casted Tom Hardy as Jerry and giggled to myself because of names 'tomjerry'. If you get it comment below lol.

*

*

Evan’s POV

*

Tuesday evening has started to become my favorite time of the week. It also put me in a brooding mood because it shouldn’t. The conflict in me over what I have begun to feel for Sonja and my professional clinical side grew every day.

Dancing with her Saturday night, I knew was the wrong thing to do, but I just had to touch her, feel her once, then maybe it would drain from my system…these feelings. They didn’t. I only wanted more. I scoffed to myself; it was looking like I would need therapy soon too.

“Dr. Jacobs?”

“Hmm,” I looked up to see my current client staring at me curiously.

“Yes Amy, I apologize,” I sat up straighter.

She smiled. “It’s okay; I was just asking what you think I should do about my boyfriend?”

The fact I was becoming more distracted in my work bothered me. Amy I knew was attracted to me and it amused me last week when Sonja had gotten jealous of her flirtations. I’ve learned…had to make sure that I bypassed any advances clients made towards me, men and women. Oh yes, men too, in this profession you see all kinds and dissecting their minds is draining.

“I think you should talk to him, put your concerns out there.”

I had no idea what she had been talking about. Damn that woman for being the only one who has ever done this to me.

“About how I think he is cheating?” Amy looked at me like I was the crazy one now. Oops. At least it was different than her eyes undressing me. There is only one woman I imagine and would like to imagine doing that…

“Be subtle about it don’t jump right in and ask him that could lead to a fight and a possible dangerous one.”

“Okay good idea Dr. Jacobs,” Amy batted her eyelashes, back to the flirting. I looked at the clock. Thank god her time is up.

“Well that’s all the time we have for today Amy.”

“No problem, next week same time?” She asked the question as if we were on a date.

“Just schedule with the receptionist.”

I turned around jotting notes down in her case file. She still seemed to be in denial of the fact her boyfriend had caused a miscarriage almost a year ago and she dropped the charges against him. She refused to talk about it still. Dr. Mayweather certainly had a handful list of clients.

Glad to be finished with Amy’s session I put her file away and exited the office to file the offices copy. Something we had to do, there was always two sets one for the case and one for the doctor.

I pulled out Sonja’s and glanced into the waiting room. I frowned seeing that she had not arrived yet. She always seemed to be so prompt. I chuckled to myself, maybe the traffic did get her today.

“Let me know when my six-o-clock appointment arrives,” I told the receptionist on my way back to my office, well really Dr. Mayweather’s, only mine temporarily.

“Will do Dr. Jacobs,” she smiled pleasantly as I passed by.

Just as I put my hand on the door knob to my office, I heard the front area door open. I stood there waiting to hear if it was my Sonja…my?