Chapter 4: Arrested

Vermon could see the flashing lights approaching the school building. She specifically told them she was on the playground and had hung up after she gave them the address. After five minutes passed, two cops climbed over the playground fence, while a few other cops attended the front door of the school. Vermon did tell them about the three sisters that had been in the building. She shone her flashlight at the officers as they approached her.

"Alright, kid," A female cop with short brown hair and messy eyeliner said. She rested her hands on her hips. "You know you can get into real trouble if you're lying."

Vermon pointed to the ground. "His body is right under here."

She exchanged glances with the other cop, then faced Vermon. "You reported a murder, kid."

"Mr. Wilson's body is underneath here. Pepper, Pipper, and Lin murdered him."

"Pepper, Piper, and Lin?" the male officer said with a grin. The woman nudged him, reminding him to keep professional. He straightened up. "Are you aware that if you're lying-"

"I'm not lying. You can check."

"How do you know he's under there?" The woman asked holding onto her belt.

"He told me."

"He told you? Who?"

"Mr. Wilson."

The woman shook her head. She reached for Vermon's hand but she snatched it away. "Come on, kid. We're going to get you home." The woman got ahold of Vermon.

"Look, the other's are coming." The male office said, pointing at two cops heading their way. Behind the two cops were three women in handcuffs.

"This is ought to be good." The female officer said crossing her arms over her chest. Vermon struggled to get away but the officer kept her in place until the others arrived.

"These three were stealing from school charity boxes," an officer said. "They're drugged up on coke or something. Don't even remember their names."

The three woman all looked dazed and out of it. Vermon pointed to all three woman. "That's Pepper, Piper, and Lin. Mr. Wilson told me so."

One of the women lazily looked at Vermon. "Wilson what? Wilson's dead."

The officer holding Vermon now crossed her arms once more. "Oh yeah? How'd he die?"

"He's long gone," another woman said. She then started laughing and then puked on her shoes.

"Disgusting." The woman office said. "Alright, get a shovel and dig right over here." She said pointing to the ground.

"Why there?" An officer asked.

The woman sighed and pointed to vermon. "Because this one claims that's where Mr. Wilson is. If she's lying, she's going to be in big trouble. This is a chance I'm willing to take. Now, get the caution tape and let's go."