8

"Liam, I am so sorry! I got caught up in my homework and lost track of time and- "

"It's okay." He said cutting me off. "Sit down." He said motioning to the chair across from him.

I walked over and slid into the chair opposite of him and rested my elbows on the table, with my chin in my hands.

"So what did you want to tell me?"

"Right, that." He said letting the front two legs of the chair drop back onto the ground.

"As I'm sure you've noticed this school is filled with boys and boys alone, except for you."

"Yeah."

"Well I was wondering if I could tell you something, but you have to promise NOT to tell anyone. Okay?"

"Yeah. You can tell me. I won't tell anyone."

"I can trust you?"

"Liam. I swear I won't tell a soul." I said in a serious tone.

He drew in a deep breath and held it before letting it go. He closed his eyes and fidgeted with his hands that were folded on top of the table. He was making me nervous. Was something wrong? Had he done something bad, illegal?

"I'm gay." He said looking up waiting for my reaction.

I was shocked! Liam wasn't the type of guy I had pegged as being gay. Maybe I needed to get my gay-dar fixed. I didn't know what to say. I was silent for a moment until he spoke.

"So..."

"I...I.. Well I never suspected you of being gay."

"I hoped not. I don't exactly want that to get out. Especially around here."

"I won't tell anyone." I realized how hard this must have been for him. "Have you told anyone else about it?"

"No. Not even my parents. You're the only one that knows."

I couldn't believe he would tell me of all people. He barely even knew me, and here he was confessing his deepest darkest secrets. I felt bad knowing that I was keeping my secret from him, after he just confessed his to me.

"Why me?" I asked confused.

"I thought that out of anyone you would be the most understanding."

"Why?"

"If I had come out to any of my other friends they would have called me a faggot or wouldn't talk to me again. Then the whole school would know."

"There's nothing wrong with being gay." I said placing my hand on top of his.

"Apparently to some people it is."

"I am curious however, because Will said that you had dated a lot of girls and then dumped them after you had gotten what you wanted from them."

"I did date a lot of girls, but I NEVER did anything with them. They were just a cover up."

"I guess it's hard being around all these guys?"

"As hard as it is for you, I'm guessing." He said with a smile.

"Yeah it is." I smiled myself.

Liam wasn't a bad person. He was just a person with a secret. Like me.

"Lily."

I turned towards the door to where the voice had come from. Will was standing there. He looked angry and hurt. I followed his gaze and found that it was focused on Liam's and my hands. Mine was still lying on top of his. I quickly pulled it away.