Chapter XIX

Livia

"So, since you're half human you can enjoy food?" I clarified. Lilith nodded and took a sip of the hot chocolate I decided to make out of complete boredom.

"Some foods are extremely horridus. My senses are still advanced, so there are many foods I can not enjoy. Such as sea food." She said with the scrunch of her nose.

I let out a small laugh, "What is your favorite human food?"

"Definitely chocolate." Lilith said thoughtfully.

"I agree," I said then took a sip of my hot coco, "Oh, and spaghetti. I love spaghetti." I added.

When our conversation about food blew out, I decided to ask her what's been on my mind since yesterday, "Where is Valak?" I asked.

Lilith's expression looked uneasy for a fraction of a second.

"Oh he's... planning a ball." She said quickly.

My eyes widened, "A ball?!" I asked excitedly. But my expression quickly fell when I remembered the last ball I attended and nearly being completely drained of my blood.

"It won't be like last time. It's a celebration of the vampire's alliance with the lycanthrope."

"L-Lycanthrope... as in werewolves?" I gasped the last part.

Lilith nodded, "Yes. Although, they strongly prefer the term: lycanthrope."

"Holy shit, what else don't I know about?" I spoke mostly to myself.

"Did my father not inform you of the Divine World beings?"

I shook my head, "Divine World beings?"

"Humans have named us the supernatural."

"Ah, okay." I nodded in understanding.

"So, about this ball... will there be bloodsucking?" I asked.

"No, we show non-bloodluster's respect by drinking from glass."

I jumped from my spot on the sofa, "Does that mean I can go? I've always wanted to go to a ball!"

"I'm not certain my father would--"

"Oh, come on. Is he going to leave me in this stuffy suite while there's a fucking ball going on?"

Before Lilith could respond, the front door opened, and in walked the sexiest being alive.

Lilith and I both greeted him at the same time.

"Valak."

"Father."

His eyes snapped to mine immediately, I had to refrain myself from jumping him. He left me yesterday without so much as an explanation when he promised to watch a movie with me. Given, he is a king, but the least he could do is not leave me hanging.

"Lilith, give us a moment." Valak said once he noticed my accusing glare.

When Lilith left the suite. A small, amused smile played on Valak's lips. We stayed in silence for a few moments, me glaring and him slowly making his way towards me with a smirk.

"Why are you glowering, love?"

I rolled my eyes, "I think you have an idea, love." I mocked. My sarcastic use of the word love only made Valak's expression more pleased.

When he was less than a few feet away, I started taking small steps backward.

"I take it you missed me then." He chuckled, the sound going straight to my core. Oh, you have no idea.