33| Memories and Mindfulness

Dedicated to:fictiongypsy

Thank you do much for being an awesome voter and commenter! Your support is very much appreciated :)

o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o

"Surrender to what is. Let go of what was. Have faith in what will be"

~Sonia Ricoth.

Logan's POV

10 years ago...

"Logan?"

The 7 year old boy peeks from behind the wall, shy and abashed to the core.

"Logan? Son?" my father's paternal voice reaches my ears "Come outta there, meet my friend"

The kid walks out, hoping intensely for this little meetup session to get over soon. His father always invites weird people in his house. He doesn't like it. He likes to stay alone with his family.

The boy hides behind his father, clutching the material of his clothes tightly between his tiny hands.

Looking up, he takes in the view of this tall guest. He is wearing an elegant suit; his choice of footwear is rather sophisticated. Brown hair combed perfectly in place, this guy looks like he owned a lot of fortune.

"Logan?" father interrupts the little's boy's thoughts, "Say hello to my best friend"

"Hello" the mellow sound escapes the boy's throat.

The rich man kneels down towards the boy so their face levels were equal and stared gleefully into his soul "Hey there" a smile forms on his lips "Logan? Right? I'll tell you something interesting – my name is Logan too! How is that even possible? Did you steal my name or something?"

A smile forms on the boy's lips, enjoying this man's company. He looks up at his father grinning down at him.

"What's your hobby Logan?" the rich man aka Logan, asks him.

"Playing chess!" the boy replied instantly, enthusiastically.

The man's eyes widen in horror and he looks up at his father, again "Liam? Your kid is like 7 and he plays chess?"

Liam, his father, laughs in amusement "Oh he just loves messing around with the pieces, nothing else"

"But I defeated you once, Dad!" the boy teases, clearly enjoying this conversation.

"So you love chess huh, you must be a very smart boy then" the senior Logan nods in appreciation for his hobby "You know what my hobby is?"

A mischievous grin forms on the man's face and he bellows "Tickle Wars!"

With that, he starts to tickle the boy and he dissolves into a series of laughter. Senior Logan takes junior Logan into his arms and looks at the child's father, impressed "Your child is amazing Liam. He can do big things in life. Take care of him"

**********

Present day...

I sat, unaided, at my desk, staring disgustfully at myself in the mirror, after taking a warm bath.

I lifted my long blonde bangs from my forehead and my vision filled with a deep cut, beginning from my hairline, running down till it grazed my eyebrow.

It hurt immensely the first few days. The pain was unbearable. I felt better now, it was healing...I was healing.

9 days since the accident and the trauma still consumed every part of my consciousness.

Always ✔जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें