Chapter Three

"Who the hell are you?" Caleb demanded, simply asking what we both were thinking but in a much ruder manner.

As soon as I heard his voice, I almost fell back into my coma. It was sexy, deep and husky.

"Sorry for the intrusion. My name is Xavier Mirallegro. I just wanted to know how you are, Miss May?" he replied looking directly at me.

Xavier, I thought, what an interesting name.

"Excuse me, you didn't answer my question who the hell are you and how do you know Sophia?" Caleb asked again rudely.

"I'm here to see how Sophia is. Could we have a moment alone if that's not too much to ask?" he asked with a hint of irritation laced in his voice.

A moment with me, what for? It must have something to do with the crash.

"No, you bloody well can't," Caleb replied loudly. I wanted to know specifically why Xavier was here so I grabbed Caleb's hand.

"Caleb, it's fine. You go find a nurse and get some food. If anything happens, I'll press the emergency button. Go, I'm fine," I said gently. I knew what was coming. One... two... three...

"I'm not leaving you here after a major accident with some rich dick! I'm staying," Caleb protested. I looked at Xavier by the door and saw how his mouth twitched in amusement at "rich dick."

Caleb really didn't come with a filter when it came to his mouth.

"Caleb, please, I just need five minutes," I argued with him.

He looked beyond annoyed, but he knew I wouldn't budge so he got up and went over to Xavier by the door.

"I have no idea who you are, but if anything happens to her, you are fucking dead! I mean that." Caleb bellowed in his face. He always one for dramatics, I thought as I rolled my eyes.

"I assure you. She will be perfectly fine with me. No harm will come to her." Xavier stated with a stern face.

Caleb came back over to me, gave me the emergency button for the nurse in case anything happened and lightly kissed my forehead.

"I'll be five minutes, Soph. I'll get a nurse, some food and be back. Anything happens press that button," he whispered.

I nodded my head and smiled at him. He turned and left the room but not before glaring at Xavier. When the door shut, he came and walked towards me slowly, his emerald crystal eyes locking with mine.

He walked over to the chair before speaking politely. "May I sit?"

"Er, yes... Of course," I responded nervously from how close he was. He was even more intimidatingly handsome this near.

He didn't say anything for a while, and I looked at his features: tanned olive skin, beautiful eyes, designer stubble and high cheekbones. This guy looked like he could pass for a god.

He took a deep breath before he finally spoke, "Finished checking me out yet?"

"Sorry." I blushed.

"No worries at all. So, I suppose you're wondering why I'm here?" he questioned.

"Yes, I am actually. Care to enlighten me?" He took a major intake of air and started looking around as if for some kind of inspiration of where to start.

"I was the one that hit you in the car crash." He bluntly declared after a while, and I honestly was not prepared for that. I didn't know what to say, so I just stared at him.