Meet the parents

"I'm 22 Em, 22! It's not like I haven't had boyfriends. This isn't my first time dating! Ugh!!" Mila was furious at the proposition of bringing Alex all the way to the mansion.

How would they even do that? Just then, a thought crossed her mind. A mental image of Alex with a blindfold and a gag in his mouth sent Mila into a frenzy.

"Oh hell no..." Mila stormed out of the room where Ember was left behind.
Marching down the stairs she caught Frost just in time. He was about to leave through the front door.

"Don't you dare bag his head!" Mila yelled as she scurried towards the foyer.
The Joker looked behind him as Mila hurried to them.
"Don't touch a single hair on his head! I know you'll want to cover his head to hide where we live but I don't want you to do that," Mila said as she tried catching her breath.

"Ahh," the joker grinned and turned back to Frost, "why bother? It seems as though Mila is feeling quite affectionate towards her...man...ahahahaha!" He roared in laughter as Frost smiled faintly and nodded.

"In fact..." the Jokers laughter died down and he turned to Mila. "Why don't you join us later tonight at the club? How about that? We'll meet there, you know where to find us," the joker grinned and patted Mila's head as he began to walk away.

"Sir?" Frost asked confused.

"Oh don't you start going stupid on me now Frost, Harley and I will be gone in a few minutes and then you can escort the ladies down to where you'll meet my daughters new beau..." the joker grinned at Mila.

"I'll just tell him to meet us there," Mila rolled her eyes. "So dramatic..." she muttered.
The Joker couldn't help but laugh at this.

"As you wish, princess," the Joker said mockingly.

Watching her father disappear down the hall, Mila sighed and looked up to frost.

"With all due respect miss...what can you expect? The situation is a little different. I mean, he's the joker." Frosts words sunk in.

She sighed.

"You're right...why do you have to be right? What was I thinking..." Turning away, she began walking away feeling defeated. Once she reached the stairs she turned back and once again looked at Frost.

"Just forget this whole thing. I'll text Alex and tell him I'm sick or something," her voice was about to break. Sadness took over as she came to realize that her life really wasn't normal. And it was unfair because she was so young.

"I should have known better." She said before continuing to walk away.

Before Frost could reply, Mila's phone rang. When she read the name of the incoming caller, she immediately wiped her tears and sniffled, clearing her throat.

"Hello?" She said sweetly. "Hi Alex...yeah, are you? Oh well, I was wondering if you'd like to meet at the club instead?...yeah the same one we met at...yeah, my parents are gonna be there so you can meet them ther-..yeah, they love parties," Mila chuckled. "Ok great! I'll see you then!"

Hanging up she couldn't help the blush spreading on her cheeks.

"You seemed to have calmed down," Frost chuckled as he walked past her up the steps to get himself ready. With a giggle Mila also walked up to finish preparing for the night.

******

The Joker and Harley were in their usual area, lounging and laughing while drinking copious amounts of their favorite alcohol.
Ember sat at a nearby couch, taking selfies and chugging her favorite wine.