1| The Phone Call

Karthik 's Pov

*Karthik 's dialogue in B&U*
*Naira's Dialogue in I&U*

"Karthik" I heard my Naira's voice as I picked up the call.

The voice I missed hearing since last 5 years.

My jaan is alive?

I knew it.

She won't leave me alone.

But where was she?

Upset with me for that stupid disgusting allegation I made that night?

"Naira? You're alive? Why didn't you come back?" I whispered afraid that person on other hand will cut the call or vanish. It was too good to be true.

"Karthik! Karthik I came back but..."

It was my Naira. Yes,It was her.

But,She was hurt. I could feel her crying.

Who hurt her?

"But what naira?"

What stopped my Naira from coming back to me?

"Leave it Karthik, we'll talk later, Rn Please come fast. I need you here. Please."

"Naira, Naira where are you? Tell me I'll be there in a second"

Though I had countless questions,, I put them to rest for time being.

Right now nothing else mattered other than her & her safety.

I could get answers to my questions later.

"I'm in XY hospital. Please come fast . Please Karthik"

She was almost on verge of an emotional breakdown. I could feel it.

"Hospital? Are you ok Naira?"

I panicked just visualizing her getting hurt again.

"I'm ok. But Please come fast Karthik. We don't have time. Pls."

We? What does that mean? We don't have time for what? Anyway I didn't bombard her with my questions as I could feel her desperation, She didn't want to answer my questions over phone. Whatever it was, it was quite serious and urgent.

"Ok. Please wait for me. Don't disappear. Please. I will be there in 2 mins. Just wait for me ok? Keep the call on"

I spoke hurriedly. Dashing through crowd of guests that had come for my wedding. I didn't cut the call in fear of losing her again.

Ignoring those guests, family members and shocked Vedika, I threw my sherwani jacket and turban somewhere and rushed towards the car .

I have to reach XY hospital immediately.

Noone can stop me right now.

Naira is &, was always my top priority. Everything else could wait.

_______

▪️Vedika 's Pov▪️

Karthik dashed through the swarm of guests, amidst our marriage function throwing his sherwani jacket and turban  carelessly on the way.

He didn't even stop at dadi's command and left before we could even  commence with rituals.

We were sitting in Mandap , rituals almost coming to an end  yet  my groom not only picked up a call but also left the ritual in between without a care.

I feel so lost & humiliated right now.

Though I always knew Karthik was pressurised into this marriage. And was not one bit happy to replace Naira as Mrs Karthik Goenka.

I was happy believing that time would change everything, once I enter his life as Mrs Karthik Goenka in place of Naira, I will gain her share of love too.

He was aloof  but not indifferent and  disrespectful like this.

He didn't even showcase an ounce of excitement and energy he has shown in these few minutes , for any of our marriage rituals.

The only time I ever saw him smiling was when he spend a lone time with Naira's pictures reminiscing their good old days, murmuring something about frogs and lionesses.

But why such sudden enthusiasm now?

Did something happen?

It could not be Work related problem, given that level of excitement and happiness.

But what else was it? Important than his own marriage.

I could feel my right eye twitching.

Was something bad going to happen?

Why our married life started on such bad note?

Is this some kind of premonition?
_______

This not my general writing style though.But I hope you like it

I never wrote I Pov form.

Tried something new.

Pls share your views.

And do vote. It encourages us for fast and better updates 😉

*I swear I edited this thrice for I didn't want Karthik to marry that Vedika but alas! He had to , for a bit similarity between Serial and Story*

*Cvs ne bahot raita faila diya*

Not proofread (so sleepy rn 😪, A/n BHI bits and pieces main hai😅😂)
#Unedited