Chapter 49// "And then Satan said 'Put the alphabet in math...' "

Part 3 : The Quarterback's Girl

Ooh, the joke's on you
Got everyone's laughing, got everyone clapping, asking
How come you look so cool?
'Cause that's the only thing that I learnt at school, boy
Uh huh
I said that's the only thing I learnt at school

My problem, I never was a model,
I never was a scholar,
And you were always popular,
You were singing, all the songs I don't know
Now you're in the front row
'Cause my song is popular

Popular
I know about popular
It's not about who you are or your fancy car
You're only ever who you were
Popular
I know about popular
And all that you have to do, is be true to you
That's all you ever need to know
So catch up, 'cause you got an awful long way to go

Chapter 49// "And then Satan said 'Put the alphabet in math...' "

On Monday the only talk of the whole school was Elliott and me.

I caught a tiny glimpse of him in the morning, how could I forget how good Elliott looked in a tie and a shirt.

The day had dragged on and now it was finally my favorite class of the day; lunch.

The cafeteria was it's usual busy self, people stuffing their faces others nibbling on salads.

I was currently sitting next to Conner on my left and with an empty seat on my right. We were laughing at Aidan who was attempting to put spaghetti in his mouth and bring it out his nose, again.

Yes again.

It was like any other lunch but I couldn't help but have this nagging feeling at the back of my head, it felt like someone was missing.

Well that was how everything was until Elliott Grayson walked in to the cafeteria. I don't even know why but my heart still hammers in my chest every time I see him.

The current statue of my heart was that it seemed like I was having a seizure. Wasn't it just great that the only spare seat at our table was right next to me?

Of course, instantly, Elliott locks gazes with me. Those familiar eyes. He looks away quickly though, which was weird because usually he enjoyed making me blush.

Everyone was wondering what Elliott was going to do; I could feel the tension rising in the room, especially from Conner next to me. Instead Elliott does the one thing I would never have dreamt of, never imagined in the slightest.

He sits at Emily and my old table.

No one expected it; sometimes I wonder what goes on in Elliott's head, why he does these things.

After I moved to the 'popular table' then Emily moved to another table with some other friends, even though we were best friends that was the way she wanted it and I respected that.

Elliott sets his food down and picks up a bright green apple and takes a bit of it, as he sat alone. His blue eyes scanned the room, not making contact with anyone at this table. The sunlight outside was shining on him and they highlighted his sharp jawline.

How could god create something so beautiful ??

He didn't look nervous he looked confident as if he knew exactly what he was doing.

I look at him for a minute and watch as his dark hair covers his forehead even when he brushes it out his face.

'Crescent don't do it, you have a boyfriend' I tell myself inside my head.