Coup de Blues

Surprise missspoilbaby471!!I updated today!!
And thanks to musicgirlg for her votes too

***

"What were you trying to prove by asking all those questions, Gail? What were you trying to prove?", Cory asked calmly, his tone belying the anger practically oozing out of his pores.

"Why are you being so defensive? I just asked her a question", Gail replied, angrily banging the door behind them.

"You asked her questions that you knew were going to hurt her! That's why I'm being defensive!"

Gail rolled her eyes. "Get over it Cory. You told me you didn't have feelings for her. So stop fucking taking her side"

"I'm not taking anybody's fucking side! I'm just telling you stop asking those sensitive questions. Put yourself in her shoes", Cory boomed, then entered the bathroom, shutting the door violently.

Gail rolled her eyes and left the room too. Cory was being annoying and he kept on taking that girl's side. So she was going to go and see people who were going to take her side and hopefully take as much pleasure as she did in hurting her.

Leticia happily opened the door to the Luna. She had no idea what she wanted but the fact that the Luna had come to see her meant that she was special.

"Please come in Luna. I wasn't expecting you", she said, smiling brightly, letting the Luna in and closing the door after her.

"I've already told you Leticia", Gail said rolling her eyes, "Call me Gail. I consider you my friend so that title is too stuffy"

"Okay Gail", Leticia replied, hiding her small smile. "Can I offer you anything? Tea, coffee, anything?"

"Do you have some whisky? If you do get me some", the Luna replied, settling herself comfortably.

"Sure!", Leticia replied enthusiastically, rushing to bring Gail what she had asked.

"So you know that girl who was with Cory before I came? Can you tell me more about her?", Gail asked, when she had gotten the drink she wanted and both Leticia and her were settled comfortably.

Leticia's features became confused but she answered, "Of course I know her Lu- Gail, everybody does!"

"Then tell me all you can"

***

I looked around the bookshop sighing. Practically nobody came here to read after my dad had died. I mean when he cheated on his mate, people avoided him, but at least he was fully werewolf and could feel his wolf. Nobody wanted the hybrid daughter of a human female to contaminate the books they were going to read.

I sighed again. It got so lonely sometimes. Yeah there was social media, I had "online friends", like Ingrid, but nothing beats human and social contact. Facetime and WhatsApp just weren't enough to fill that craving hole I had in me.

The bell on the door dinged making my heart start beating loudly. Maybe someone had finally decided to get past their prejudices and come to the bookstore. My head went up with a genuine smile that quickly faded when I saw who it was.

"Alpha Cory", I murmured, a polite and reserved smile takimg the place of the prior one.

"Denise", he replied, putting his hands in his blue jacket and looking at me. I was standing, not wanting to feel intimidated, even though that was not possible considering he was the Alpha. We stayed silent for a couple of minutes, nobody wanting to back down. But I had to; I was the more submissive wolf, if I could even call myself that, and it wasn't in my nature to challenge.

I put down my gaze and decided to stare at my nails when I felt his fingers on my chin, lifting my face up.

"Denise, I came to apologize", he said, letting go of my face so quickly I would have thought it was poison.

"Apologize? What for Alpha? You didn't do anything", I replied softly, turning my gaze away from his.

"Not for myself. For Gail. I apologize if she offended you with the questions she asked yesterday", he replied making my heart sink.

He had found his mate but I guess I had still had hopes that he was going to reject her and come and beg for her forgiveness.

"Cory, it wasn't you fault. Besides, she didn't know that what she was asking was offensive if not, I think she wouldn't have asked. Don't bother", I said softly, looking earnestly into his eyes.

It was true. I had no idea if Gail knew anything about me and Cory and about the death of my mate. I was not going to judge her based on the fact that she was with the man who had been made for HER at the base.

"You are so forgiving", he said thoughtfully, looking at me intently, then all of a sudden, he turned on his heels and left.

I smiled sadly. I had to let Cory go. For the good of everybody.

***

I was in one of the neighboring towns, the only place where I could really smile and be genuine without worrying about people attacking me.

I looked about. I was in a classy restaurant that was known for housing the most romantic dates ever. I loved coming here because I could stare at couples in my own corner, smiling at their happiness.

I know I am a loser and honestly, in this situation, I don't mind being one. I was not a jealous person at the base so watching other people happy made me happy, even just a little bit.

After getting my order, I looked up and got the shock of my life. Walking towards one of the tables was Gail, a man's hand attached to her waist. They were laughing and smiling, exchanging intimate glances. I didn't want to assume anything so I focused on my food and on the conversation I was having with Ingrid, a girl I had met online.

So im sitting at this restaurant and guess who comes in?

She replied almost instantly:

Who? The almighty alpha?

Guess again?

Queen bitch?

I laughed lowly. I had told her one million times not to call Gail that but it entered one ear and got out through the next.

Yup. And she's not alone

Let me guess. Shes not with his highness, right?

Yh. But im not gonna make any assumptions. I'll jus b keeping an eye on her thru out the nyt 👀

If you dont capture that iconic moment, bitvh ur dead

I smiled and put down my phone, not bothering to reply, deciding to concentrate on my now warm food.

I decided to look up again after a few moments and Gail and her mystery guy were sitting just at the other extreme end of the restaurant, and what they were doing left me floored.

Kissing. Gail, my Luna, was kissing a guy who was definitely not Cole. My appetite was gone. I quickly signalled the waiter, paid the bill and left. I couldn't stand seeing her face another second.