Blinded

Surprise!!! Update to make up for the past few days

I had gone back to the pack grounds, not in the mood to do anything else. I knew the woman I had seen was Gail but it was just a little too much to take in. The two times I had seen her, she had looked in love with Cory. Heck, it was because of my relationship with him that she was so nasty towards me.

I was pacing a hole into the floor in my apartment. I knew I was going to have to tell Cory. After all, she was his mate and if he discovered that I had seen her and kept it from him, he would be mad. But the problem was, I just didn't know how to tell him. And there was a possibility that he wasn't going to believe me.

It didn't matter. I had to tell him. By the way, I wasn't doing it to get back in a relationship with him because after a while he would surely forgive her because of the mate bond. I nodded my head to myself. Tomorrow, I was going to head to the Alpha's quarters and tell him what I had seen. But first, a long night of restless sleep awaited me.

***

I was at the Alpha's quarters but like the last time Karlson was in front of me, his eyes spewing anger and fire.

"What do you want now?!", he spat out in a gruff voice.

"I want to see the Alpha", I replied, proud that this time around, I had not stuttered.

"What for?"

"I have something really important to tell him", I said.

"Stop taking useless stuff as an excuse to come and see Cory, Denise. It's not going to work. You're not going to break them up. A mate bond is way stronger than the fling you had with him!", he said vehemently, making tears well up in my eyes. Even though Cory wasn't my mate, I considered what we had had more than a fling and hearing Karlson put it like that hurt.

"What's going on here?", Cory asked, coming out of his office.

"The whore wanted to see you", Karlson replied, sullenly, gesturing at me. I quickly turned my head to wipe the tear that had escaped my eye.

"Karlson", Cory sighed, then said, "Come on Denise"

I followed him, closing my eyes to try to contain the tears that were threatening to come out.

"So, what did you want to tell me?", he asked, standing in front of me.

Too close, I thought, way to close! Then I stepped back a little, swallowing, looking for an appropriate way to tell him what I had seen.

"Well?", he asked impatiently.

"Um... the thing is yesterday night I went to Upton. You know that restaurant there Coup de Blues?", I asked.

"Yes Denise. What about it?", he sighed, clearly wanting me to get on with whatever I had to say and get a move on.

"Well I saw your mate there", I finally dropped the bomb.

"And?"

"She was with another man. I didn't recognize him. They were kissing. I think she's cheating on you", I answered then risked looking at his face.

I wish I hadn't. He was fuming red with murderous rage and his anger was practically tangible.

"What did you say?", he spat out, looking at me with so much anger.

"I- I had to tell you! I didn't know if I had to but I couldn't keep it to myself!", I rushed out, not wanting him to be angry at me.

He shook his head, then said, "You know Denise, I chose not to believe any of the rumors I heard about you. I thought you were a good person. But now, with this, I realize just how wrong I was. You're very vindictive and you stop at nothing to get what you want. But get one thing straight, that girl you're trying to accuse, she's my mate, and while you were parading the town yesterday, probably doing what you're best at, she was at her grandmother's house. Her grandmother who died last night. So think hard before trying to pin something like that on her again"

The tears were already falling and I could nothing to stop them. "I'm sorry about that but I do know I saw her last night. I wouldn't try to separate anyone from their mate, after what I went through"

"It's funny you want to be the victim here when YOU are the one who killed him", he laughed, piercing another dagger deep and straight into my heart.

"He was my mate", I whispered softly, the tears having increased in their intensity.

"And she's mine. Any other lie like this and I'll ban you, and I assure you nobody will miss you", he threatened, looking at me right in the eye and breaking every piece of my already shattered heart one by one. "Do you understand"

"I understand Alpha", I whispered meekly then quickly turned on my heels and went out of that place, ignoring Karlson's glowering look and Gail's smug expression. I had already had enough heartbreak and insults for the day, I didn't need more. The one person who I had thought was never going to turn against me, was the person dealing out my punishment with glee.

Sobs coming out, I thought maybe I deserved it.

***

I had woken up like any other day and gotten ready to go to the bookstore. I had no idea that this day was not going to be like any other.

As I opened the door, I was met with about a dozen people or so in front of my door.

"Can I help you?", I asked, trying to remain confident.

"We heard what you did yesterday, you slut!", somebody shouted.

"Yes we did!", another encouraged.

"Can't you just leave our Alpha alone?"

"He has a mate, whore!"

"Which you would have had if you didn't kill yours!!!"

"You guys have been telling me this for ages. Why come to my house just to repeat the same thing over and over again?", I asked calmly, not wanting to show my hurt.

"We finally got the Alpha to sign this. A petition for you to get out of this town and never come back!"

I almost stumbled. Yes, I had a lot of bad memories in this town but it was my father's hometown. It was where I was born, where I grew up. I didn't just want to uproot my roots and leave.

"You c-can't", I stuttered

"We can and we have. If you're not gone by Thursday, you won't imagine the pain you'll go through". Then they left.

I sat in front of my door desolately. Was I so hateful that they didn't even give me a chance to prove myself? Was I that horrible that they couldn't get past the fact that I was a hybrid? All I wanted was to be happy. I didn't want anything else. I was not a murderer, contrary to what a lot of people thought. What grave sin had I committed that made me so unlovable?

...was I really so bad...?