Chapter 16

Chapter 16

If I had to describe how it felt to be down here, I would be in a pensive state for an eternity just to describe my thoughts. Then I would take another one to describe my feelings. But I'm sure no one wants to wait that long. I for sure wouldn't ever sit there and wait.
I hang upside down from the edge of the bed; staring at the two coal colored dogs. For the past hour we have had five staring contests. I won once and it was because I threw a book at them. Lame right? The other times my eyes started burning and I had to close them. So yeah.. It's very boring down here.
Especially with the dogs showing no emotion. I mean who does that to dogs. Well offically John is first on that list.
I decided to name "Abbodon" John. I'm used to calling him that, and I dont have to be correcting myself consciously all the time. Plus it sounds right. Calling him" Abbodon! The Great Demon Lord! Tan! Tan! Tan!" just doesn't feel right. Maybe later when I get used to the fact he is the bad guy in this super fairy tale.
I flipped over on to the bed. I laid on my belly and fixed myself to where I was staring at the dogs. They stared blankly at me.
"Are you bored as I am?" I asked them. They didn't answer me. As usual.
I stand up and walk over to the bathroom door. I have yet to investigate these rooms. Even though John left a week ago, I didn't find a reason to investigate them. Well maybe a bath would be reason enough but I don't feel dirty. That's just weird.
I open the door and hold my breath. I prepare myself for the worst. I exhale when I see the inside. There is a porcelain tub in the middle of the room. The room is completely white. The only color was the soap and drying rags.
I picked up the lilac colored soap and it smelt like lavender. My favorite. I opened up the water and put the soap inside. Once the tub was full I took off my clothing. I sunk into the water and closed my eyes.
I forgot how refreshing it was to take a bath. It felt like I was free.
I imagined myself flying through the skies. I imagined myself with my long gray wings. I never got the change to study them but I would as soon as I can. I soared through the skies. Someone was flying with me. I looked to my right and Max flew next to me. He turned to me and smiled. We landed in the middle of a meadow and we looked towards the sunset. It threw a gold powder everywhere.
"Esmeralda" Max whispered.
I looked over to him and he wore a confused expression. I touch his face and he places his hand over mine. He closes his eyes and takes my hand to his lips. He kisses it with his soft lips.
"Come to me." He whispered.
Grey clouds rolled over the meadow. Thunder rumbles in the sky. Fire starts to come to life in the distance. Screams of the innocent come from everywhere. I look to Max. His eyes are clouded. He let's go of my hand.
"I have to go." I struggle to hang on to him but he leaves too fast that I barley have time to say goodbye.
I sat up straight in the tub and looked around. I was expecting to see Max in the bathroom. To my disappointment he was not. I needed to get out now. I will not wait another minute longer.
I practically jump out of the tub and wrap a towel on me. I ran out of the bathroom and into the other room. It was filled with clothes. All hanged neatly in rows. Sadly there were all gowns. This will do for now.
I got out of the closet and ran to the bedroom door. I jiggled the door nob in hopes it is opened. To my lunch it is not.
I ran to the balcony and look down. The rocky edge sends a shiver down my spine. I am truly frightened but I will not stand one more second here.
I get on the edge of the balcony and close my eyes. I jump to my possible death in hell.
I fall into the water and opened my eyes. I wish I hadn't when I saw the scene before me. I let out a muffled scream. Everywhere, bodies of the damned look at me. Their rotting bodies longer in the water, unable to move. I can hear their mourning voices.
I start to swimming to the surface when I saw a light at the bottom of the ocean.
Freedom. I can feel it.
I start swimming to the orb of light. My lungs twist in pain at the lack of air. I can feel myself falling into a dark slumber. Not being able to take it anymore I suck in water for the desire of oxygen. Water fills my lungs and drowns them. Just as I reach the edge of the orb I fall into the deep darkness.