Chapter 12

Two weeks later, Amy found herself trembling on the bed. She tugged on her blanket, pulling it to cover her shivering body and snuggled into its warmness. The bottle of medicine and a jug of water stood on her bedside table but she could hardly find the energy in her to sit up and take the medicine.

Her voice felt weak and she could hardly whisper her mother's name to come and help her turn off the air-conditioner. The cold wind blew in her room and she shook slightly before curling into her bed and closing her eyes weakly.

Few hours later, when Amy woke up, her vision became slightly clearer and the air in her room felt warmer. Amy found her mother sleeping on a chair beside her, one hand on her forehead. She smiled at the action and quietly lifted the hand off her forehead before sitting up. Her bed creaked slightly as she got up to take the medicine beside her.

To her surprise, the bottle of medicines did not fall from her wobbling hands and she let out of relieved sigh once the empty glass of water and bottle of medicines were placed on the table once again.

Her mother's eyes fluttered open and she smiled sleepily when she saw Amy awake.

"Hey, sweetheart. How are you feeling?" she asked.

"Better. I took my medicines so I am sure the fever would go down soon," Amy replied.

"Good girl. You didn't have dinner so I am sure you must be hungry. I'll go make you something," her mother informed her before patting her head softly and walking out of the room.

Amy stared at the wall in silence. Her head throbbed faintly but she tried to ignore it. She couldn't help but worry, instead, about her school and the werewolves in it. In the past two weeks, her parents had not once mentioned the werewolves again and it made Amy a bit worried if they would even honour the deal they made with her.

As much as she wanted to get out of the town, a part of her reminded her of the guy with green eyes and she wondered if he was a werewolf too. Amy sighed. The guy had been a constant thought in her mind and she knew that she couldn't bear to leave him. She didn't know why she had such a longing to be with him but she hoped that he wouldn't come in her way of leaving the town.

Her mother entered the room once more, this time, with a tray of food in her hands. Setting it on the bed, Amy smiled as she saw a bowl of soup and two slices of bread. For the first time in three days, she was hungry enough to eat an edible meal (not something that was completely floating in liquids) and her stomach rumbled as she looked at the food.

"Sweetheart, there is someone here to see you. Should I send her in?" her mother asked softly.

Amy was too focused on her food and nodded. She wondered for a brief moment who could it be but shook the thought away. She wanted to concentrate on her food more.

Her mother nodded at the woman standing near the door and she walked in. Any looked up to see her grandmother walking in.

"Grandma!" she called out in surprise. Amy had believed that her grandmother was on a holiday, vacationing on cruise ships and enjoying her time.

"Oh, my sweet Amy! What has become of you?" her grandmother said, quickly filling up the seat Lily was once sitting on.

"I am fine, Grandma. How about you? I thought you were on–" Before she could continue her sentence, her head started throbbing. The entire room spun around and Amy clutched her head.

It was not the first time this had happened yet it was just as painful each time it happened. The mental fits she was getting made her feel weak and all the energy drained out of Amy once the throbbing was over.

Her grandmother looked at her with concern. "What happened, sweetheart? Is your head hurting?" she asked softly, probably aware that Amy could not take loud noises.

Her grandmother frowned before pulling Amy's hand away from her head and putting her own,wrinkly hands instead.

Slowly, Amy could feel the pain subside and she looked at her grandmother with a tight smile. Her bones felt heavy and all she wanted to do was go to sleep.

"Sleep, my child," her grandmother instructed and Any curled under her covers before going to sleep.

Her grandmother gave Amy's sleepy body a look before going down the stairs where her daughter-in-law was.

"Lily?" she called out as she rested her old body on the rocking chair they had on one side of the room.

"Yes, mom?" Lily Fields asked as she walked into the room, wiping her wet hands with a towel.

"How long has Amy been having this fever?" her grandmother questioned.

Lily thought for a moment before looking at the woman who was like a second mother to her. "About two weeks now."

Her mother-in-law frowned. "Did she go anywhere two weeks ago? Anywhere out of the house?"

Lily nodded. "Yup, she went to school. Then, she went to the family house before coming home. She found out about werewolves and then she got a fever the next day."

Amy's grandmother gave her a pointed look before saying, "You need to send her to school again. This fever she is having, it's because she is not near her mate. I think she found him at school."

Lily furrowed her eyebrows. "What do you mean? Who found who?"

The old lady sighed. "What I mean is, Amy has found her mate."

Hey everyone! I hope you liked this chapter!

Don't forget to vote, comment and share this book with others if you have liked it till now!

Thank you for reading! :)