17. Shouldn't Have Complained

(Fifteen's POV)

Before we decide to leave the lodge, I used my illusion manipulation to change our appearances. Eleven and I have to be in disguise of a mother and daughter before we have to take an inspection around the city. I onced used this trick to look like soldiers when Rex and I had to team up and find Eleven in the Mog base.

I miss Rex.

Anyway we take a walk with different faces. Good thing nobody suspects us as new tourists.

"Hey," I call Eleven. "Greyson calls me a while ago. Through his telepathy."

"Thirteen?" She asks as I nod. I wonder why she prefers to call him by Thirteen instead of his alias. Maybe the reason why she change her name back to Eleven instead of her last Filipino name, Amy.

"Yes, him," I confirm. "He was injured in a Mog base in Virginia."

She jumps. "Injured?! How is he going to-?"

"It's okay, he's safe now. He's lucky he survived."

"That's a relief. Maybe his chimaera is there to help him or something..."

"That's also a good thing. And another one, he found his pendant already. But, you know, the..." I statter. "The enemy has taken Clara. He has to save her first before he come and meet us in Chicago."

Eleven calms down. "He really does loves her, doesn't he?"

"Mmm-mm," I say.

With her shy personality, I wonder her thoughts right now can be. She might be thinking about Twelve, who, until now is still not coming out to save her as he promised. Well, there are a lot of things I have to think about besides our love ones. Though, I do miss this former friend who left us for good, Rex. He might be saving the first ten Garde by now. And I miss Greyson, his craziness when I'm with him. But I also miss this unknown guy in New York. It's not like I have feelings for them all! It's just, I grew up mostly with girls in the orphanage. I like being with boys especially knowing how they care for girls like us. Like me.

"Fifteen, look!" Eleven suddenly nudge me, erasing my fantasy of thoughts. I was busy thinking 'bout-

Whoa.

Eleven and I stare at an old building. It's a canned goods factory. But it seems mysterious. We see a man enter the back door. I mean, who will enter an abandoned factory?

Something is going on in there.

Eleven and I hide in a bush so none will see us. I notice something from afar that looks like a Mog gun. It was left on the ground. I nudge Eleven and point at the gun.

"Is that a gun?" She asks.

"I think so." I use my telekinesis to pull the gun towards us. When it reach us, it's indeed a Mogadorian gun. It grows red in its glass-like side where the source of energy for bullets is coming from.

"Mogs," Eleven confirms.

"Come on," I tell her.

She raises an eyebrow. "Where are we going?"

"Peek in the factory, of course!"

We tread straight and carefully make our way to a window where we can see what's inside. It's too high so I push a crate where we can stand up and see. It is just darkness inside. I realize a black cloth is covering the window. Eleven shove the black curtain with telekinesis to reveal what's inside. That's when she gasps. Quickly, I cover her mouth with my hand.

I can feel the Mogadorian's, or someone who's in there, that they saw us. So I drag Eleven behind a larger crate to hide.

"What did you see?" I whisper.

"Humans!" She tries to say with low voice. "Black eyes. Black liquids."

"Creepy," I say.

We suddenly hear a grunt. When we peek in the holes of the crate, we see a man. Eleven's right! His eyes are big and beady, like those of crabs. His skin is pale with black veins instead of normal ones. That might be the black liquid Eleven talked about. When the guy realizes nothing's in there, he walk away.

And Eleven and I escape.

"Our neighbors in Lodge are there!" Eleven tells me. "I saw them. With black eyes too."

"Lasy night I thought I heard music," I say. "It was actually them. The Mogs used the music so they could take them without waking the others."

Eleven shakes her head. "But why is this happening? The Mogs didn't kill the humans. They make them one of them! That's even grosser."

"Mysterious disappearances..." I mutter. "Eleven! We have to tell the police. Right now."

********

I place down the Mogadorian gun in front of Officer Fudlan's table.

"What's that?" He asks me. His eyes are dead serious.

"It's an alien gun, Officer Fudlan," I say. "The mysterious disappearances you've been looking for? We've found them in a factory. Our neighbor was there!"

"What we are saying is, these weird things happening in the city is caused by an alien race called Mogadorians, who injected the missing humans in the news with black liquid," Eleven added. "You're suppose to do something!"

Officer Fudlan stand up and take the Mog gun, placing it under his desk. By his blank reaction and no surprise face, I know he already knows about it. I hold Eleven's arm.

"You know, girls," the cop says. Getting something from back. "These incidents are mysterious to everyone. Everyone outside our city. But you..." He laugh, putting out a gun. "You already know too much about our secret."

My adrenaline rushes. I'm right! He has something to do with these incidents.

Just then, I realize telling him is a really big mistake. 

He shoot the gun at me as I dodge. Despite of that, the bullet hit my shoulder. I scream. Eleven duck and crawl under the desks. Officer Fudlan was about to shoot me again but I react quickly and kick his hand with gun.

His pistol break at the wall. He throws his other hand for a punch but I manage to step on his foot and he stumble backwards. I change the police office into a dark environment with my illusion to confuse him. As Fudlan stands up, Eleven pops out from behind and have her vines from a nearby plant grip the cop's foot. He jumps for the Mog gun but I kick his temple with my foot before he collapse.

I reverted back the scene into a police station again. Black liquid pours out from Fudlan's mouth.

I know he's a little strange too.

"He's out cold," Eleven says.

"Yeah," I say, but I scream from my wound. It throbs because of the bullets, I barely feel fine. Eleven rush towards me and heal my wound. The pain begins to subside.

"We should become extra careful next time. Especially we have to do something with the people in the factory."

Once her healing Legacy is done, I feel better now. "Thanks," I say. "Are you ready to free those people in there?"

Eleven shrug. We go outside the station. "I- I think so."

"Let's go."