26. Finally We Meet

(Sean's POV)

I reach the park, and scanning from the place, I know I'm gonna be cornered. I have no place to hide. Ace told me to meet him here. Where is he? I thought he's going to be here?
Suddenly, the Mogs come with their blasters ready, pointed at me. Some have swords, some are with daggers. Oh, no.

I am seriously cornered. This is my end. I failed as a Loric.

"Well, well, well..." the Mog says, circling me.

"What do you want?" I yell at him.

The Mog laughs, recharging his blaster. Behind him, the Mogs prepared their weapons as well. "Oh, Garde kid, you wouldn't wanna know."

I raise my hand for another release of red lightning, and the Mog points at me, but before we can have our attacks, the Mog I'm talking to exploded into bits.

Everyone turns into a silhouette of a girl from behind. The Mogs begin shooting at her, but she moves into an unbelievable movement that freezes me for a moment.

"Move your ass, Twelve!" Another girl yells at me at the back as she decapitates a Mog. I was shock that I can't move from my place. Questions begin to form in my mind.

Who are they?

Why are they here?

How does she know I'm Number Twelve?

Unless... they're numbers also. They're here. They must be the Garde, no doubt.

I quickly duck from a Mog's swinging sword. I kick his leg as he stumbles. His sword flies out from his grip with my telekinesis and then I stab him with it. He screams before he was turned into ashes.

There is chaos as we fight in the central park of Florence. I can't see clearly how the two girls look because of the night. But I see how they fight. The girl I first saw uses a Mogadorian gun, but I knew she's not one. Because I see how she controls the park trees as the branches stretch out to strangle the Mogs. Meanwhile, the other girls creates different weapons out of nowhere. Or out of darkness, I don't clearly understand. All I know is that I'm being deceived by her Legacies. She removes some obstacles in the park as if they're made of pixels. She changes the dark sky into orange one, or maybe at some point I can see the sea, forest, or pure mountains.

Her powers are weird.

Soon enough, the battles are done. The firings stop. The Mogs are gone. We pant heavily from exhaustion.

I can't believe it. We did it.

The girls look at my direction. I give them a look of bewilderment but they look at me with wonder.

When I look at the other girl closer, the one who control the branches, I see familiarity in her face. Her blond hair. Her high cheeks. Her universal eyes filled with amazement and awe.

"Eleven?" Finally I speak.

I see a tear fall down from her eyes before she runs and embrace me for a hug.

"Twelve!" She says. Her voice is unrecognizable but soft and sweet. "Y-you're here. You're alive and... you're-"

"I'm here," I say, wrapping my arms around her too.

The other girl with black hair walks toward me. She hides her weapons behind her. "So, you know each other."

Eleven laughs, pulling out. "I told you."

"Wait, how did you know me? Where are the others?" I ask.

"We tracked you along with Thirteen. But he's not here. We got separated so he can find his girlfriend and Eleven can find hers."

Eleven blushes. "Fifteen!"

"You don't have names?" I ask.

"I'm just Fifteen. Eleven used to be called Amy..."

"But I liked 'Eleven' the most," she adds.

I laugh. "I'm Sean. But you're right, I'm Twelve. I see you got your Legacies controlled already. It's pretty badass. And good thing I studied in university; I know how to speak English."

Fifteen and Eleven laughs. "It's great to see you, Sean. We've been waiting for you."

We begin walking before Mogs find us again.

"So, did I missed so much?" I ask curiously.

"Are you kidding? You've missed too much!" Eleven says kiddingly. "But now, I guess we have to get out of here first."

"Yeah, we'll talk more once we get out of here."

"Wait, I have company," I stop them.

As if on cue, a black car stops right in front of us. Fifteen and Eleven must've thought they're Mogs.

"No-"

The car's window opens as Ace turns to us.

"How did you even find chicks, Sea-?" He says grinning. Suddenly, he freezes when he sees the girls. Beside me, I notice Fifteen staring at Ace.

I narrow my eyes.

"So, you know each other?" Eleven and I say in unison.

Ace goes out of the car and approach Fifteen. He becomes speechless and dumbfounded. What is happening? Is Fifteen the girl he's talking about whom he found at New York? Oh, damn.

The silence broke when Fifteen slaps Ace's face.

"Ohhhh!" I say. Awkward.

"What are you doing Fifteen?" Eleven asks.

"Is that how you thank me?" Ace asks. Fifteen looks away, her eyes are teary. "Well, we might as well get in the car now before the Mogs come back."

Fifteen snorts. "You left me. Come on guys."

We went inside the car. Eleven and I sits at the backseat, because I need to talk to her. I've been waiting for her. The promise... I knew I failed her. But, well, she's here. And that's what matters the most, right?

Fifteen did not object when she sit at the front beside Ace. They are quiet, which broke my expectation that they will explain everything to me.

"Where's Marco, Ace?" I ask the Cepan.

"Oh, yeah, about him, he's gonna fine now. We talked before I let him go. I told him that he should go back to his family," he says.

"Sounds good," I say.

Ace continues driving as we rest for a bit to process everything that has happened. We'll talk maybe after we feel a lot better later. But now, all I can say is that, I'm glad they're here. I'm glad I met Ace. I'm glad I saw Fifteen. And I'm glad I have Eleven once again.