Ch. 7- Released?

"We carry on through the storm. Tired soldiers in this war, remember what we're fighting for." 

**

I'm a quiet person. I don't talk much, and when I do, heads turn. For the past four months, she has been the only person to bring me out of my shell. My sister and I are so alike, I am fully convinced that we are twins. It is bizarre that we only met and yet we are the same person. But the only thing that separates her from me is that she is much stronger than me. Yes, sometimes I can be strong too, but she has felt the grief of my parents. I wouldn't know what that was like, I don't even know them. 

Who knew that when we came to New Orleans, that she would be kidnapped. Again. I sure didn't. But this is the world that we live in. There are always going to be another danger, no matter how much we try to restrict it. When we opened the door to her aunt's house, my aunt's house, I could see her change. She was no longer the Elora that kept her guard up or acted like she had the world on her shoulders. She was Elora, the one that she could be silly with her best friend and not caring at all. 

I remember her leaving so she could let me and Margot talk alone. I didn't know what to expect from this woman, who was family. I had no idea what she was going to say. She sat me down on the couch, and she could tell that I was anxious which didn't help at all. To my luck, all she did was ask me questions about what I have gone through. Which I didn't like talking about. And then Margot proceeded to tell me about my parents, what they were like. Elora always talks about them, but it was a good hearing of them from a different person. After she was done, she placed her arms around me and I winced. I was still getting used to my family and their hugs. 

I had my eyes closed with my hands around my sister's hairbrush when Sebastian came back inside. I was using all my powers to find her, but all I could see was darkness. Not a good sign. I cursed at myself silently because I was the only one with the magical powers. I was supposed to find her, and I was failing miserably.  

I opened my eyes and looked in front of me where Sebastian was, and never have I seen him look so panicked. I instantly stopped what I was doing and stood up from where I was sitting on the couch. "What is it?" I asked, setting the hairbrush on the table in front of me.

Sebastian and I became friends over the course of the four months where everything was quiet. I really don't know how. He was my sister's boyfriend and, well, the goddamned King of Ambrosia. I have heard stories of how ruthless he could be, but when I met him in Agnes's jail cell, he didn't seem like it. He seemed too worried about Elora than he was himself. 

Looking at him standing in front of me, I could see now why she loves him. Not only is he physically perfect, he also has a great personality. I think. I really don't notice him all that much. "I managed to speak with Elora, telepathically," he admitted. 

"Telepathically?" both Jackson and I said in unison. I hadn't noticed him or the rest walk in the room. Elora's best friend and I exchanged a look before looking back at Sebastian. 

"Yeah, it's a vampire thing," he said. "anyways, she said that whoever captured her has injected them with a curse." 

"What curse?" Grace questioned. I looked at her and I can honestly see that she might be born an angel. Her bright golden locks and pale face looks like she can be one. Some people would expect her to be good, but she was, after all, a vampire. And they have a dark side in them. 

I darted my eyes to Sebastian. His panicked face now disappeared, probably when they entered the living room. "She doesn't know," he admitted, running his fingers through his hair. "But whatever it is, it sounds deadly." 

All of us were silent as we took in what Sebastian was saying. He told about the person who kidnapped her. I kept thinking of my sister, how she doesn't deserve any of this. Elora barely made it out alive during the battle, and now she been injected with a curse. It all seems like a nightmare. After four months of peace, of nothing going terribly wrong, it all went down the drain.