Ch. 33- All Hallows Eve

"By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes."

***

Sebastian told me that the best way to get my country under their good graces again is to throw a Halloween party at the castle. He said that it the most sacred of all holidays, for All Hallows Eve lets every creature roam the earth for one night a year without any consequences. It lets us be free to be our true selves. 

Spirits come out to play, either seeking revenge or visiting their loved ones. They are the most bloodthirsty because the dead has never once wanted to be unseen. And it lets the ones who were brutally murdered justice. I wonder who I will see today, for I have killed a lot of people. 

It lets werewolves transform into their beast side easily. They could be either human or wolf this day and this day lets them hold more strength than they have ever imagined. 

I learned from my brother that for the Fae, the powers that were given to us from the Earth is stronger than ever. That means that whatever I have yet to control, the blue from my hands is going to be powerful. And for the other half of my powers, the vampire side, that is going to make me the most dangerous creature in the world tonight. 

This holiday lets my kind come out of the darkness and into the light. It has the power to give vampires a special power to make them walk in the daylight. It is supposed to be the most important day of my entire existence. 

I stood on top a black podium in the middle of my room. In Ambrosia. My servants were dressing me with absolute elegance. I had forgotten their names but one had curly blonde hair that wore an emerald gown and the other had dark locks down her back that also wore the same color but was brighter than the blonde servants dress. For what it's worth, I didn't deserve their kindness. I didn't deserve anything for that matter. 

I pulled my arms into the lacy sleeves of my gown and took a deep breath. My outfit was absolutely beautiful in every way possible. It was black that seemed to match the theme for today and it flowed all the way down to the floor, leaving a train of cloth behind me. My chest was bare, but not enough to show anything that I prefer not to show to a crowd of people. 

The two servants zipped my gown up and I managed to force a smile. In the mirror, I looked like I was queen. This dress was made for it, I suppose. And maybe I would have loved it better if my stomach wasn't about to burst. 

My hands roamed to the soft lace of my dress, turning around the podium to look at the servants. One of them had a pair of heels in their hand, and she cast a glance at me, waiting for me to put a foot up. I did what I was told. 

"Do you know what I'm nervous about?" I asked, trying to make conversation. I stepped off the podium as they led me toward the vanity to do my hair and makeup. 

The blonde-haired quietly whispered, "What?"

"That my enemies who were once alive are going to come back and seek revenge on me," I admitted. "Or that my own power will be too much for me to handle,"

"That's quite the fear, Your Majesty," she said, brushing my hair softly. 

"What do you think?" I asked both of them, raising my eyebrow in the vanity mirror. "Do you think I should be worried tonight?" 

"I think you should enjoy this holiday because it is the one night that everyone comes together," the dark-haired servant explained. "No, I don't believe you should be worried, King Sebastian will protect you from any dangers,"

I narrowed my eyes at her. The way she said his name got me thinking what is it that could inspire that level of confidence. 

"And how do you know that?" I asked suspiciously.