Ch. 28- You Will Never Hurt Me

"There is a halo in your mouth, and I like how it burns." 

***

"I'm going to kill you." I screamed.

"Not so fast, sweetheart." said a voice at the top of the stairs. I looked up to find Ellie and Oliver standing with blades in their hands. Both of them jumped down and landed steadily on their feet in front of me. I would be impressed, but then again, they were trying to stop me.

I said nothing. "It's time for repercussions, Elora Miller." Ellie said.

"You should thank me, I saved your ass. I saved every god damn vampire you all love."

"Is that so?" she raised an eyebrow. "You couldn't even save my brother, you filthy halfling."

"What's his name again, I forgot?" She flashed her teeth, gripping the twin blades in her hands. "C'mon now, Ellie. Show me what you got."

And then they darted toward me, but I was faster. I ran toward Oliver and placed two hands on his neck, and snapped it as I did to the taxi driver. He went down within seconds as I lunged toward Ellie.

She tried to hit me with her blades, but I blocked them, tripping her to the ground. Her weapons flew across the room and I had my foot on the base of her neck. I could as easily suffocate her until she dies.

Her eyes were widened as she held my legs, trying her hardest to make me let go of her. "You should remember that you were only born a princess. Not a warrior. It's so easy to kill you, Ellie. After all, you are the only family Sebastian has left. I wonder what he'll do when he has nothing to live for anymore."

She was silent, gasping for air. But I just rolled my eyes as I snapped her neck without touching her. I used my magic instead.

My brother was still standing there, as if there wasn't a single thing he could do but that. I was about to get to him again, but someone stopped me. A voice, I knew it. His voice.

"You should really stop fighting back, Elora." Sebastian said. "I don't have that many men left." He was walking down the stairs with someone behind him. But I couldn't recognize him from this far away.

"Then you should have brought an army." I said.

"Perhaps,"

"I was wondering where you were. I thought you might have sent my family and your friends without any help."

"Hmm," he purred. "Were you missing me?"

"Perhaps." I said. "Or maybe I wanted you to come so I can finally kill you."

"And why, exactly, would you do that?" he questioned as he finally stepped on the last step.

"So the King of Ambrosia wouldn't bother me anymore." I raised.

"Sorry, my darling Elora, I can't do that."

"And why is that?"

He smiled. "Because I have a little present for you." Sebastian moved to the side as I saw the man that injected me the curse. The Fae that tortured me.

"Ben," I whispered as I whirled to Sebastian. "What is this?"

"Can you believe, Elora? He is actually on the good side this time."

"He did this time. He is to blame for me."

"Actually, it wasn't me." Ben said. "I never wanted to do that to you."

"So you came here to try to convince me to take the cure."

"I came here against my own will, but no I did not. I came here to scare you a little." he smiled at that.

"You can't scare me." I said, laughing.

"Good luck, Elora." Sebastian said. "I'll leave you two with each other for a few hours. I've got to see to my family that you hurt."

I narrowed my eyes. "You're leaving me here with him?"

"Yes. Try not to kill Ben while you're at it?"

"Not if I kill her first." he said.

Sebastian only laughed at that. Then he disappeared from the house, the bodies on the floor and Jasper nowhere in sight.

So I faced my torturer again and glared.

"So, what is this about you hearing my sister in your head?" 

***

As Jasper and I carried the bodies of my friends and sister to the car, I realized that our plan was set in motion. But I had to focus, I had to make sure they were healed. 

Grace was bleeding out with the knife in her stomach. She was unconscious, and so was the rest. But this, I could fix it. So I pulled it out and waited until the healing began. 

A few hours passed as I waited, let Elora and Ben go out it. Then Jasper said, "Go, I've got them. Make sure my sister isn't dead." 

I only smiled as I walked back to the house. I knocked on the door, once, twice, as the door opened. Elora was seething to the point that her cheeks were red. Like her hair. 

"I see you haven't killed him yet." I said, smelling the scent in him still lingering in the house. 

"Go to hell." she said.

"A pleasure," I glanced around the house, trying to not show any real emotions. "So, did you two have a long chat?" She said nothing, but I kept talking. "If you're not going to talk to me, I guess I will talk to myself. Ellie and my friends are okay, for your information. They should be back on their feet in a little while."

"I should've ripped their heads off their body." she threatened. 

"But you didn't? Why?" I questioned. 

"There are far better ways to torture someone." 

"You know one way to torture someone?" 

"Hmm?"

I bared my fangs and punctured my finger, making blood gush out. "You trap them in a house and make them watch as the thing they crave slowly goes away." 

Elora did the same and hissed at me. Her sharp canines were inches away from me, but she could not touch me. Her head turned toward the blood, to me, to the blood again. 

I looked at my finger as it did go away, healing until there was nothing but a patch of skin left in its wake. "Stop taunting me." she warned.

"Oh, but it's so much fun."

"As soon as I get out of here, I am going to make sure you never smile again."

I waved her threat off. "Darling, you and I both know you will never hurt me. Deep down, there is still something that still loves me." 

"Is that so?" 

"Yes." 

"You must be really stupid then."

And then Ben was right behind her and grabbed a hold of her. I took a step and made her open her mouth, hating every minute of it. Elora screamed as Ben took off the lid of the tiny container and shoved it down her throat. I made sure that she drank it, holding her mouth closed until eventually, she did. 

She stood for a moment, a glazed look on her face. As if she was about to fall down. And then she did, as I caught her in my arms. 

It was something that I didn't quite process. I did it. I stopped her. She was now cured, thanks to the person that did it to her. I looked at the male in front of me, unfazed of what just happened. "I'm going back home, you should come. I'll make sure you are well protected." 

He was quiet for only a second. As if he were contemplating my offer. He stared at Elora, a great sadness on his face. Then he turned toward me. "I think I'll take you up on that. I may be compromised." 

"Then let's go before he finds out." 

And so we went.

***