Chapter 1: New New New

"I know mom, I'll let you know as soon as I settle in"

"yes...yes"

"okay okay I got it, I know"

"Okay love you, bye mom"

This is my first time away from home, on my own. I was born in Jacksonville and lived with my parents. I went to MU for college, and with a masters in business I was ready to see the world outside of Florida.

A month after graduation I landed a job in Atlanta. It's perfect because it is a driving distance from home and the pay is going to be amazing. I will be able to live on my own and finally take care of myself, without relying on anyone.

After 5 long hours of driving I finally pull into my new parking lot of my apartment building. I step out of my car and take a deep breath.

"I can't believe I made it" I can't help the big smile slapped on my face. But then I turn and look at the back seat of my car along with thinking of the additional bags in my trunk and my smile fades.

"Now how the hell am I going to move all my stuff by myself"
I started with the trunk. I dragged two large suitcases and three big duffle bags out and basically just threw them on the ground. I was already winded and knew this was going to take forever.

"Need some help?" A voice asked while laughing.

I turned and saw a guy come out of my building and start to walk towards me. He was handsome and had a nice smile. As he came towards me I saw he wore a dirty shirt that read The Garage and a pair of old shoes. But despite his clothes, his face was clean and clear and he, well to be blunt he was hot. He had dark eyes, brown hair that he dyed a dirty blonde at the tips. His hair was curly and soft and I noticed he had his ears pierced.

"Yea" i said while laughing. "What gave it away?"

"Well I knew it was either raining luggage or we had a new tenet, here I'll get the big bags" He grabbed two duffle bags and a suitcase. He threw one bag over his shoulder, one wrapped around him and the suitcase with no effort.

"Thanks" I said while grabbing the last two bags and closing my trunk. "So you live here too?"

He somehow managed to open the door for both of us while carrying a hand full of bags. Thank God this building had elevators.

"Yea I've been here a year now. It's a nice building, you're gonna love it. My name is Trevor by the way."

"Lori. It's Loretta but I go by Lori."

"I like that" he shined another perfect smile at me.

We made it to the third floor and I managed to get my key out of the envelop that the landlord gave me. We walked into a decent sized room with gray walls that was already furnished. I started to smile again. It was nice and plenty big enough for me. I had gotten a two bedroom apartment because it was one of the only units left. It's more expensive but I'll be able to handle it after my new jobs paychecks start to come in. We placed the bags in the middle of the floor and headed back down to get the rest of my stuff from the back seat of my car.

"It looks like you have a pretty nice set up in there, so what brings you to the neighborhood?"

"New job. I start work on Monday and this place was a good distance away." We recovered the rest of my stuff from my car and were heading back up to my unit.

"Oh cool, I work not too far from here too. I'm a mechanic over at the auto shop a few blocks down the road. What neighborhood are you coming from?"

"I'm actually from out of state. I'm coming from Florida. This is actually my first day here." We put the rest of my belongings on the floor of my new place.