Chapter 16, The hunt

I can't believe what Jack told me

He's the best hacker I know, so when he told me that there's no records of an Alan Chimpunk, I had to believe him. My reasoning was that maybe she changed his name to protect his identity, but then Jack told me that there's nothing about Amber ever having a boyfriend on social media. What he also mentioned is that all her accounts were deleted before she moved to Tygerwell.

That's about the same time I realized that Amber shouldn't be underestimated nearly as much as everyone's already had.

When I arrived at the party, everyone was gawking. 

Crossing territories is just asking to get killed, but it'll all be my territory soon enough in anyway.

The East-gang's inner-circle were at the scene faster than I could blink. Of course Rhodes wasn't there with them. Worst case scenario: He's already in bed with Amber. Best case scenario: I can stop them before it actually happens.

I went looking everywhere and it's only now, on the top-floor hallway that I find them.

And they kissed.

RHODES KISSED AMBER FIRST.

"Well, that confirms the fake-boyfriend," I say after Amber pulls away. Relief floods me more than I'd like to admit. Everyone knows it's over after Rhodes gets a girl in bed. He's a bloody pimp for a reason!

"You can't be here. This is the East-side, Bowmen," Rhodes slurs after realizing what's happening. His words are slow - probably because he's keeping himself from murdering me. Or because he got himself drunk. Or just both. 

"It'll all be my side soon enough," I say before walking over to them.

"You want another fight; is that it?"

"Get. Away. From. Amber."

"You have no say over Goldy on this side of town," Owen says before taking two swaying steps towards me and throwing a sloppy punch. The guy is an excellent boxer, but something tells me he's had too much to drink.