First day on the job

Lucia’s POV:

After I left home i met up with Jacob at the edge of the woods next to our house.

“Hey Luc.” He greeted friendly and gave me a hug. “Are you ready?”

“Ummm, yes?” It came out more of a question than a straight answer. I’m not ready at all.

Just yesterday I found out that werewolves and vampires exist. Which is kinda cool, I guess. But finding out that I am a werewolf and that a vamp is after me, my sister and my mom is not so cool.

Except maybe for the werewolf part. That’s awesome.

But the point is I can handle myself when that Bruce guy decides to attack, like Sam said, we’re designed to kill them. But my mom and Alexis can't, their helpless.

Why can’t Alexis just jump out from behind a tree and yell ‘Gotcha!’

“It’s okay to be nervous.” Jacob said, taking my hand and leading me further into the woods.

Everytime he touched me my heart skipped and I felt that whole cliche butterflies in the stomach feeling.

I just met this guy yesterday and I'm already thinking that I'd take a bullet for the guy. I mean, that can't be normal. You only see that in movies. Although I guess my life pretty much turned into a movie.  

“I was nervous my first time too, and a little mad.” He muttered the last part, but I could easily hear it.

“Why were you mad?” I asked confused.

He just chuckled. “It’s a long story, I’ll tell you later.” 

“Okay. So where are we going?”

“We’re just going a safe distance into the trees until its safe enough for us to phase.” He answered, like nothing about this seems wrong at all. But I’ll just have to keep reminding myself that all of this is somehow real.

“Okay, how do I…phase?”

“Well, um. I’ve never actually had to explain this before.” He thought for a minute. “You know that warm feeling you feel?”

When I nodded he continued. “Just let that warm feeling take over your body.”

We walked for about another 5 minutes then Jacob stopped. “Okay this is far enough. Um, just go behind that big tree over there. You have to take off your clothes before you phase, because otherwise your clothes will rip and when you phase back you’ll have nothing to wear. That is the most common problem with us shape shiflers.” Jacob explained again like all of that sounded normal.

Come on Alexis, jump out already!

“Okay, I’ll try to remember that.”

Jacob chuckled at my sarcastic tone and disappeared behind a large tree on the opposite of mine.

I walked to ‘my’ tree and made sure I’m out of sight and started taking off my clothes, folded it into a neat bundle and tied it around my ankle with a leather strap that Jacob gave me.

I felt so stupid.

“Okay. Let the warm feeling take over your body.” I repeated Jacob’s words. I closed my eyes and concentrated hard on that ‘warm feeling’.

It seemed like hours before I felt a warm feeling go down my spine, but it didn’t feel like anything changed. I was about to give up and go home, but when I opened my eyes I was looking down at two white paws instead of two feet.

On The Run (Under Severe Editing)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें