Chapter 7

Werecats: A summary

Werecats or ailurantrope or a feline therianthropic are rumoured to be the most ancient supernatural species. They have roamed the earth for centuries. Therefore it is hard to find any trustworthy information about their history. The first actual mention of werecats can be found in the Egyptian history. This was around 5000 b.C.

Most Egyptians didn't realize that they were coexisting with werecats. But it had benefits for both of them. The werecats chased away the mice, rats and snakes from the food and the villages, and in return the werecats lives got much easier. They could always change back into their human form and be around the people without anyone noticing about their true nature. The werecats did what the Egyptians wanted and in return the cats were honoured in Egypt. This didn't happen right away but over the course of a few decades.

I skipped to another part about werecats now. Not that werecat history wasn't interesting but I wanted to know more about how my kind lived until they went extinct.

Over all these years the different kinds of werecats have changed just as the habits and ideals of the werecats have drastically changed. In these times most werecats live a solitary life. They don't have mates. It is unheard of for any werecat to have ever found a mate, not in another werecat or another species of the supernatural. This is rumoured to become their downfall. Because female werecats only go in heat once they are near another male werecat and only when they are off age (for most werecats this is around 17 years old in human years). Therefore most female werecats who don't want to get pregnant make sure they are nowhere near any male werecat around spring. Over the years werecats have barely reproduced. And because of their solitary life they are an easy target for large groups of wolfs or vampires. The biggest advantages werecats have is their agility and speed. On average they are smaller than werewolves (who are extremely large) which gives them a great advantage if they have to hide from others. They can mask their scent easily and can climb trees like no other. But it isn't unheard of that a large group of vampires attacks werecats at random. Some covens see catching a werecat as a sign for being a proper and strong enough vampire for their beloved. In older times it was customary for the young male vampire to first kill a werecat before he was allowed the be together with his beloved. This was later seen as barbaric and became illegal after the Wonica council decided so.

Nomatter how little werecats there will be left, they will always be a species towatch out for. They are with no doubt strong once united, therefore no oneshould ever try to anger a werecat. Their revenge can be very destructive.Prove of this are the story's about small groups of werecats, 4-6, who murdereda whole pack, coven or village because someone was foolish enough to kill ayoung werecat or went against one of the older and respected werecats. Becausealthough they live a solitary life werecats can always count on their kind andwill unite when essentially. They have a mindlink with each other as long asthe other werecat wants to be contacted, this way they can also tell if theother had died. But in fact most werecats are very peaceful creatures who aremostly calm and kind and get along with others. They will try to compromiseinstead of fight because they don't like confrontations. But because they are mostlikely the strongest supernatural creature they are seen as a threat by some.    

"AISLA!!!!!" Faye was awake. I sighed and closed the book. Time to learn Faye how to hunt some butterfly's!

Faye came rushing in the kitchen.

"Good morning Faye, did you sleep well?" I asked.

"Yes! I am so excited! Come on you are going to train me!" She yelled while tugging on the sleep of my shirt.

"Don't you have to eat some breakfast first? If you don't eat well you won't be able to train properly." I told her. At that moment her stomach growled loudly. She seemed to realize how hungry she actually was.

"Eat something Faye, I will bring this book back to my room and then we will go training." She nodded and stuffed her mouth with all the food she could find. I silently laughed at her enthusiasm.