Wraiths

Hello, for starters I cannot believe how many reads this story went up in just one day! I thank everyone who enjoys this story, and your enjoyment is what keeps me writing.
*
Anyways, leave some feedback!
*
Melanie sat at the edge of a pond, legs crossed and eyes closed.

It was a chilly morning, two hours before school started but still peaceful. Peaceful in the way that the leaves rustled every time the cold air blew, or peaceful in the way that birds chirped.

She opened her eyes when she felt someone sit next to her, but she didn't have to look to know who it was.

Issac.

She placed her head on his shoulder, allowing her eyes to stare off into space. Neither of them spoke, they didn't have to. Everything they did was communicated through an even deeper bond than they knew.

Melanie felt Issac slip his hand into hers, bringing a warmth to hers that she didn't know she was missing. Like wrapping her hands around a cup of hot coco, but instead of coco it was Issac.

He began to speak to Melanie, not speaking louder than a whisper.

"You know it really scared me yesterday when I found you with Knoll," He said. Melanie turned her head to get a better view of his face, but the shadow was blocking it.

"Why?" Melanie asked, "He wasn't going to hurt me."

This time, it was Issac's turn to look at Melanie. He hated how she didn't know what Knoll was capable of, and he hated even more that he couldn't explain it to her.

"He's just not who you think he is," Issac replied, "He could hurt you."

Melanie smiled at Issac's concern for her, before she straddled his lap. This took Issac by surprise, though Issac figured he should've been used to surprises by now. Melanie always had a trick up her sleeve that caught Issac off guard.

"I'm not afraid of Knoll," Melanie said, "All of my life I've been afraid of things that could hurt me. Knoll's not one of those things."

Melanie had a point, she had been through worse things that Knoll couldn't do to her. He wouldn't do to her. Everything that Joe put Melanie through had made her immune to different types of pain, making her less afraid than she should be.

But Issac still worried for her, he still wanted her to keep her distance from Knoll.

"Just can you avoid him for a little bit longer?" Issac pleaded. He was doing this because he was tired of Knoll studying Melanie, he didn't care if she was different or not. Knoll didn't need to watch her every hour of the day.

Melanie grabbed Issac's face between her hands, and stared at him. Her beauty stunned Issac, who couldn't help but stare at her deep brown orbs. They glowed under the moonlight, which was fading fast.

She kissed his lips, still holding his face. It was gentle, much like the first time they'd kissed, but still filled with the same passion. She felt Issac's hands resting on her waist, wishing they were resting somewhere else.

She continued to kiss him for a few seconds more before she pulled away, leaving Issac breathless. He had the same reaction every time they kissed, the same breathless and satisfied feeling.

He always wanted to go farther, but didn't in case Melanie would panic. He didn't want to do anything that could remind her of Joe, so he was content with their soft kisses.

"You're beautiful," Issac said. He buried his face in her neck, leaving small kisses wherever his lips went. They traveled across her smooth skin, sending goosebumps onto Melanie.