1. Is it end... or the starting

"Kurama..." said a man with yellow hair stained with red. His blue eyes were staring into the early morning sky filled with black smokes. 

"What is it, Kit?" asked the owner of the red eyes with black slits.

"What was it like to roam the world freely? What will you do if you become free from all of this restrains?" asked the man.

Kurama eyed the boy suspiciously but continued, "Who doesn't want freedom, kit? It... I loved that freedom. I could go anywhere I wanted, stay wherever I wanted. I could breathe freely. I could feel the earth underneath me, the rush of wind while running. I could feel the nature. Why would anyone want to be restrained? But Naruto, why are you asking me this?"

"I am just thinking, that's all.", said the man.

Kurama felt dread. A long time ago, he surely did ask such unimportant questions. But now, he has grown much more than Kumara's liking. With a heavy sigh, Kumara asked, "NARUTO, what are you thinking?".

The sharp edge in Kurama's tone caused the said man to fix his gaze on the ground, pulling his legs to his chest. "Kurama... I found a way to remove the 8 trigram seal without severe damage."

.

.

.

"I'm still listening, Kit. Go on", said an irate Kurama.

"Well, you know it was impossible to separate you from without killing me. But the thing is that it was possible to do so and it's a 50-50 chance and I will be performing it with my own chakra and nature chakra. And as an Uzumaki, there is a decent possibility that I will live but that is a chance we should take." said Naruto omitting some truth.

"NARUTO, I KNOW WHAT YOU ARE TRYING TO DO. AND I WILL NOT SUPPORT YOU." roared an enraged Kumara, slamming his nine large long red tails viciously in the ground like whips... And causing the rubbles to bounce.

"And can you tell me why not." said a very tired Naruto. He looked at Kumara and continued, "Look around, what you see. My family is gone, friends that I had are gone, the village where I lived is gone. Hell, the shinobi alliance force is also gone. The only thing is left behind is only ME. All of bijus will be free from the human chaos." 

Kurama didn't have to see around. They were sitting on the rumbles, where there used to be the Hokage's office. The whole area was surrounded by the vast sea of rumbles of fallen houses, buildings. They could see the academy, hospital leveled to the ground. Kurama looked up to the Hokage Mountain or best to say, what used to be before the attack. Now there were no faces engraved anymore. There was a long pause. Kurama knew what he was talking about. The boy who strived to save his loved one was ultimately alone, no one was there to be saved. 

"There is nothing left for me. I have worked so hard to be acknowledged. Itachi was right. I was finally acknowledged by everyone but now everything is lost. If I can free you and others from this restraints, let me do it. That way I can fulfill some promises to the Bijus. You are my only family. You know me for the longest time. I am tired, Kura. Too tired to continue. Please Kurama, help me one last time. Let me free you and others, Kyuubi no Kitsune, Kurama. I beg you." Naruto said with utmost sincerity and determination. 

Kurama searched Naruto's face for a little flicker of hope. That flicker would be enough to pursue Naruto to deter from his recent goal but found none. For the first time in his long lifetime, he felt heartbroken, dejected. He placed his face on his paws with sad eyes. Naruto's once cheerful bright blue eyes became dull blue as if the cheerful spirit had been sucked out of his life. 

Kurama still remembered the date, the tenth of October, the day when Naruto born. When Tobi or Obito attacked. That supposed happy day became the cursed day for the newborn baby. The child had to bath in his parents' blood. Kurama couldn't ever forgive himself for the loss he caused into that child's life. Neither he forgave himself for the multiple times he tried to take over the kid.