Chapter Seven: Brady

Diana's POV

"Jay," I whispered harshly.

I peeked my head from the side of the boulder. He snuck behind the guard and snapped his neck in a swift motion.

"Hey!" The other guard yelled.

Jay's claws dug into the man's eye sockets, twisting them deep and scratching his face. The body fell with a thud and Jay licked the blood off his fingers.

"You can come out baby! The coast is clear." Jay yelled.

I slowly walked out from hiding, making my way to the little boy. I knelt down to him, giving him a sympathetic stare. Jay held my hand, licking his lips.

"Hey buddy, you're okay now," Jay whispered quietly.

He tried to stick his hand out but quickly retracted when the boy backs away and starts breathing heavily.

"N-no please don't hurt me."

Jay frowned deeply. The little boy was scared of my mate. My heart ached a little as Jay gulped a tiny bit.

"Hey, Jay? Why don't you go stand over there for a moment? Let me talk to him."

Jay glanced at me and shook his head immediately.

"No, I want to stay with you." He scooted closer to me and cuddles into my right arm.

I sighed softly and rubbed his dark hair, kissing his pale cheek. The boy whimpered and warned me with fear,

"S-stay away from him! He's going to kill you!"

Jay whimpered and kept quiet, holding my hand with his bloody one. His claws grazed my wrist a bit.

"Shh, He isn't going to hurt anyone. Not me, not you, not anyone. Not even your mother."

He gave me a confused look and turned his head to the left.

"That's not my Mama. My Mama is inside with the Alpha King."

Jay finally let go of me then wrapped his veined hands around the cuffs the boy was wearing. A sizzling sound occurred and he pushed the chain away.

Jay roared in fury.

"Damn it! These are silver chains! Hey, buddy are you a werewolf?"

Nice being straight-forward babe.

The little boy nodded slowly and shivered at my mate's presence.

"I haven't shifted yet though. Alpha King says that he was helping my mama with something, but I think she is in trouble."

Oh no.

Jay snarled heavily and spoke up again.

"We need to find her and bring them back to our territory. Figure out how to get the chains off, I'm going to go get his mother,"

I hugged Jay and gave him a passionate kiss causing a big grin to form on his face. He licked his canines and pecked my lips once more.

"I love you. I'll see you in a bit."

"No. We came here together and we are going to end this together. Let's get him out first then get his mom." I replied.

He groaned and agreed after some convincing.

"Okay, fine. Diana, can you go find a rock or something? Stay close though,"

My feet were now flat on the ground as I made my way back to the large boulder. Maybe there would be rocks around it.