Chapter Seventeen: Sunday

Monica's POV

I hear the loud organ play as we all rise to our feet. The Church has been treating us well as newcomers. The group sat on a few of the pews in the back of the church as while we watched the Pastor speak.

"I'm so bored," Alex whispered next to me.

A chuckle leaves my lips and I shake my head as his childishness. Aiden and Daniel were interested in the sermon and sat in front of us.

"Family is the most important thing in our lifetimes. It does not matter if you are blood-related or not...it matters about the love..." The Pastor spoke.

Hmmm. I missed home, I missed my family. Even though some of them were here with me. But I felt...lonely.

Yes, James was here but his mate was with him at all times. Lena sat next to me, leaning her head against his shoulder.

I put a hand on my small but growing stomach, feeling another life present.

Everyone began to stand. It took me a moment but I soon stood up also. I felt Lena grab my right hand while Alex held my left.

They put their heads down and prayed quietly to themselves. I close my eyes and breath deeply, praying for the safety of Luna and Alpha, for Blake and Hayden.

Diana's POV

The sun has begun to rise and peeked through the high mountains.

"That's four more, Darling." Luca yawned out.

I was proud of us for all the hard work we have done. We were about halfway done with the Pack members, and Theo was becoming suspicious about everything. Luca was so close to getting caught, but he made it out. Luckily.

"Let's get some rest. You deserve it, babe," I smile.

My arms open for him and he gives me a slight hug, resting his head on me. I scratch his back and massage his head letting him rest his eyes for a moment.

"Mm, Luca honey, contact the others and tell them to head back to our place. We can order takeout and get some sleep. You could really use it, and so could I."

Our lips meet and they mold together so perfectly. I slowly move my hands to his cheeks and hold him closer to myself. He pushes his body toward me, putting a hand on the nape of my neck while the other held my waist.

I pull away, licking my lips afterward.

"Well, I seem to be awake now." Luca joked.

I laugh and drag him back to our Pack.

"Come on. Maybe you'll get lucky tonight...who knows?"

"Ooh, now I'm excited."

He walks next to me putting an arm around my shoulder lazily, kissing the top of my head.

"I should have known it was you doing this little brother,"

Luca shoved me behind him with instinct. Theo had his arms folded and he whistled a tune.

"You really thought I wouldn't have figured it out?"

I really did think he wouldn't. Our scents were too similar to Hayden and Blake's, there a VERY small distinction.

Boy, I hope they are okay. I don't know what to say.

"This is too good. I knew I could not trust you both."

"And you thought we would do the same? Theo, it's quite hard to understand." Luca responded.

I watched the two argue while I stayed behind Luca, holding his bicep so he doesn't do something he regrets. The sun was now fully up and caused me to squint my eyes so much, it seemed as if they were closed.