chapter:2

Skye entered the kitchen when it was a time for the supper to be served in the dinning room.

After princess Joanna and Skye reached back in the castle, princess headed in the direction of her Chambers to get ready for the dinner and Skye made her way to the kitchen to take a look of the meal that would be served to princess.

It was her duty to take care of everything that belonged to princess, be it her company, food, dresses, room. Even Skye was to accompany princess to wherever and whenever she paid a visit.

Skye saw a commotion going on in the huge kitchen of the palace that was particularly distributed in many sections.

In few sections, there were head maids that were skilled in cooking and their duty was to teach young maids how to prepare meals according to the royal traditions. While other sections were handed over to the maids that were actually bound to prepare meals.

Maids had been divided into three categories. Each category has it's own timing, that is breakfast, lunch and supper.

There were other maids too that were rushing here and there, performing their duties. Some servants were holding meals for animals while others were concerned about the reparation of different medicines that they needed to supply to commandants that used them after their fight practices.

Skye stopped in front of a maids that had the duty to prepare princess' meal. Skye held the clothe, that was covering the food tray, up and peeked inside to check whether all the food was according to princess' wish.

There was soup, roast turkey, cranberry sauce in the tray. She pulled the clothe back on and headed towards the other two maids. They  had two more trays in their hands that contained boiled ham and vegetables and water along with hot tea. Hot tea was a necessary drink that was supposed to be served along with dinner, to be consumed after it.

Nodding her head in satisfaction, she gestured the maids to follow her to the dinning room. When they reached their, their were dozen maids that were serving meals in front of everyone.

Specific maids were assigned to specific rank holding members of the castle that had the duties to prepare the meals according to their own desires and requirements.

Skye heard a faint chatter coming from inside the dinning room and raised her head too find king sitting in the front chair while princess was sitting next to him. Many royalties, commandants, constables, governors of royal castle were perched down in their respective seats, all in their distinct dresses and uniforms. Their maids and servants were standing behind them with their  heads bowed. She stepped inside and stopped behind the princess who seemed to be busy in  conversation with king.

The presence of king was not dreadful or nerve racking for others but rather something that provided them the feel of safety and shelter.

King had an elegant, soft and elderly personality that gave off the feeling of comfort. Everyone could share his point of view and anyone could object without the fear of getting slaughtered in the prison cell.

"You need to depart tomorrow morning," king was facing princess, his gaze focused on princess, "You would be able to reach there by the evening.
Other princesses and princes are supposed to reach in the castle of Alexandria by tomorrow as well so you wouldn't have to spend long time in boredom." King declared while stopping when a maid leaned forward to place a tray of meal in front of him.

Princess tensed up when king Gregor Elliot, father of princess Joanna told her about the ballroom. She was surely upset to get betrothed by someone who possibly decided to propose princess.