Chapter Eight: Erasing Everything

The next morning wasn't no better than the last, I was trapped in my own home. All through the night Aunt May took measures for me not to escape, she went so far of putting a spell on the house to keep me in. It seem I was more dangerous to the world than being in danger myself. Why the hell doesn't she want me to go to the council?

I managed to walk out the attic, my legs were still wobbly, but holding onto the wall and taking one step at a time could cure my clumsiness. "Maxine." I voiced once stepping into her room.

It was large, plain with white walls- nothing covering them, a stereo and TV set, plus the usual bookshelf with history of witchcraft and spells. She sat up quickly, removing her wireless headphones and turn off the music with a single press of the stereo remote. "Jupiter, you shouldn't be up."

Along with the fact I'm on house arrest, Maxine is my caregiver, at least until Monday morning. "I need you help." I stumbled inside and sat on the edge of her bed. "I need to get out of here."

She blinked twice to see if I were kidding, which I weren't. "What? Why?"

"I need to go to the council. What I've done can't be brushed under a rug."

Maxine sits up straighter, pressing her back deep into the bed post. "What did you do? And don't brush me off, I'm not a little girl, I can be told the hard truth."

It was hard enough to admit what I've done, but it's harder to tell Maxine. What will she think of me?... I licked my lips and turned my head the other way to collect my thoughts and not look into her eyes. "I was attacked by men and I killed two of them with my magic."

"It's self defense."

"It's still murder, Maxine. One of the men got away and the only way I can feel better about myself is to warn the council that he's still out there and that it could be more of them. But I can't if I don't get out of here, and you can help me."

"How? Mom has this placed locked down, only she can open it."

I scoffed lightly and stood to my feet. "But, the both of us can tear it down. Yeah, she's all powerful and stuff, but I doubt she can keep two witches locked in- especially when they work together." Extending my hand, my little cousin took it without hesitation.

We marched downstairs to the front door, the ward was visible to both of our eyes and very thick. "How do you know how to break it?"

I grabbed her other hand and stood back so our arms were out. "I read a lot. So, repeat after me. We would have to move fast, as soon as it's down, we leave."

"Wait, I have to get something." Maxine dashed away, quickly running upstairs before coming back down a second later with a thin jacket in her hand and her phone. She puts both on her person before grabbing my hand once again. "Okay, I'm ready."

"Good." I cleared my throat and took a deep breath. "Ut nos redimeret ab hac cavea."

"Ut nos redimeret ab hac cavea."

We found our rhythm soon enough and chanted in low whispers that echoed through the house. Our eyes never leaving one another, even if we tried, we were stuck in the same place as our powers combined at our fingertips. The door raddled, shaking violently as we continued over and over again. It was tough, the spell was truly strong and Aunt May made sure of it, but we're stronger.

Suddenly the ward burst, a gush of air brushed are cheeks. I pushed open the door quickly, Maxine ran out of there as if it were on fire, giggling with excitement, blushing from her defiance. I shut the door before my fingers were cut off by the spell, quickly locking it and creating space far from the entrance. "Where do we go next?" She asked while still breathing heavy from the adrenaline rush.