chapter 3

'Well, I don't have any siblings, and my dad is a warrior of the pack. I like playing music and chat with beautiful girls. To be honest, I am not an extrovert person.' he says by pointing his head towards Julie.

'Now, it's your turn, Julie.' Colin says

Julie stays silent for a while before she starts to speak.

"'My parents were killed ten years ago in a rogue attack. My dad was a great pack fighter, and he fought until his last breath. I stayed with my grandma in the human world until last month when a group of hunters joined my school. My grandma got worried about me since I am a werewolf, so she got me transferred to this werewolf school,' Julie explains.

"That's really tough, Julie. I can't imagine what you've been through, " I said sympathetically.

Collin added, "Yeah, it's really sad. But hey, you've got us now. We'll make sure you don't feel alone."

Julie smiled, and for the first time since I met her, her eyes sparkled. "Thanks, guys. I'm lucky to have you both as my friends." She speaks.

It breaks our hearts to hear about Julie's difficult life, but we admire her strength and resilience. So, we both give her a warm hug to show our support. She smiles, and then we continue to eat and chat about various topics.

'Is your grandma not a werewolf?' I asked suddenly with full of worries.

'No, she is a human. So, there is no danger for her from hunters, but my grandpa was a werewolf.' she says and then started to tell us their cute love story.

'Aww, That's so cute.' I said.

'Interesting.' Colin says.

'By the way, What's the colour of your wolf?' I asked Julie with interest.

'It's grey, and what about both of you?' she says excitedly.

'Mine is brown.' Colin says.

'And I don't have a wolf.' I said, which gives them a shock.

'what? but how?' Julie says surprisingly.

'I don't know how. During the last semester in our shifting program, everyone shifts into their beautiful wolves, except me. I tried my best, but for some reason, I can't feel my wolf. Even though I am almost 16 years old, I am wolf-less. That's the reason why my dad hates me, as well as my brother and sister,' I explained.

'Just forget about that wolf. It's a pain in the ass when you have to fight.' Colin says.

'Yes, Rosey. You don't need to worry about the wolf. We will always be best friends.' Julie says with a smile.

I am filled with happiness when I think about my dear friends. As time has passed, our bond has only grown stronger. Colin's kind and caring demeanour sets him apart from others, as he always prioritizes the well-being of those around him. Meanwhile, Julie's gentle and affectionate nature brings warmth to every interaction. I am grateful for the joy and support they bring into my life.

My life is filled with happiness when I am with my friends. They never fail to make my days colourful, and I have grown to love school and cherish every moment of my student life. For the first time, it feels like I have found people who truly believe in and trust me.

Days had been running smoothly without any major issues until that fateful afternoon, a month later. We were all enjoying our lunch in the canteen when the notorious Alpha Jerk and his entourage strutted down the hallway, clearly looking for trouble.

I am sure he hates me as much as I hate him. (Judging by the expression on his face, I can sense a palpable mix of anger and sorrow.).

I often wish that I didn't have to encounter his inappropriate behaviour and ugly facial expressions on a daily basis. Sometimes it feels like my prayers aren't being answered.