William POV

William POV:

Excitement fills the air as we make our way to the centre of the party hall, where I take the stage along with my beta Alan and Gamma Ian. The music fades away, and all eyes turn to us as the clock strikes 00:00, and it's time for the big announcement.

'Ladies and gentlemen, may I have your attention, please.' my dad speaks out to gain everyone's attention.

'As you all know that today's my son's 18th birthday and a special day to celebrate. I would like to take this opportunity to thank all my pack members for those past years of support & help, as well as everything you have done till today. Please consider that I am getting old now, and I would like to take a few steps back by handing over my Alpha title to my son William who will be your future Alpha. I hope you will respect and love him as much as you do to me. Please enjoy the party.' My dad finishes his speech by making the crowd cheer up.

Quickly, I found myself surrounded by all the pack members, each one wishing me and congratulating me on my Alpha title. The girls, especially, were vying for my attention, hoping to touch my hand, as it would mean they had a chance at becoming Luna.

I eagerly try to catch the scent of my mate, but to my disappointment, I cannot detect her presence. The realization hits me hard, dampening my excitement. This was supposed to be the moment I've been waiting for, but now that it's here, I can't even locate my mate. The disappointment leaves me feeling deflated.

I feel a pang of disappointment in my heart as I search the room for any sign of my mate. She is the one person who is supposed to be with me, to complete me. But as much as I try to sense her presence, there is no sign of her. Emma interrupts my thoughts by grabbing my hand and pretending to be my mate, but I feel no spark or mate bond towards her. It's frustrating to be surrounded by people who are supposed to be my pack yet feeling so alone and incomplete without my mate.

Leaving the loud music and party vibes behind, I made my way towards the garden to get some fresh air. As I stepped outside the hall, a wave of the most addictive scent hit my nose. It was a scent that I had never smelled before in my life, and it was drawing me towards it like a magnet.

As the scent of fresh cut roses hit my nose, my wolf went into a frenzy. The happiness it brought was addictive, and I couldn't resist following it. It led me to a beautiful woman sitting on a bench, and my heart skipped a beat as I laid eyes on her.

I couldn't take my eyes off her, she was sweetly smiling at something in the garden, and it was like my heart was beating to the rhythm of her smile. I found myself captivated by her, even from a distance, her actions were so endearing.

Lost in her own thoughts, she didn't seem to notice my presence. Her eyes were fixed on something in the garden, and the moonlight illuminated her like an angel from heaven. I couldn't take my eyes off her. She looked so beautiful and peaceful, and my heart was beating faster with every passing second.

I find myself gazing at her from behind, lost in the beauty of the moment. I don't know how long I stood there, admiring her from a distance, until a voice in my head, my wolf Xavier, spoke up: "Mate is beautiful."

I couldn't help but smile at the thought of how beautiful my mate is, but my daydreaming was abruptly interrupted when Alan mind-linked me, shattering my reverie.

Before responding, a curse escapes my lips, fuelled by frustration.

'Hey, dude, where are you?' he says.

'Outside. Why?' I replied.

'Actually, Emma is searching for you.' he says.

'Fine. I'll be there.' I replied to him before swiftly severing the link.

I'm at my wit's end with everyone getting on my nerves, and my intense curiosity is consuming me. The mere thought of spending the entire night just gazing at her is unbearable. I simply must find a way to speak with this angelic being.

As I approach her, my feet slip on the stone, drawing her attention to my presence.

End of William POV: