Chapter sixteen - Angel in my bed

A/N: Oh my goodness!!! I am so sorry that I have not updated this in so long! I promise that I am not abandoning this story (I'm never going abandon any of my stories that I write on here or my other accounts) I had just ran out of steam for a while, and have also been working on other things.

Anyway, very crappy chapter ahead... 

00000000000000

Something soft and fluffy tickles the tip of my nose before brushing gently against my yawning lips. A tiny quirk tugs at the corners of my lips as my mouth closes again, the fluffy thing getting trapped between them. It's only when try to move, that I realise something is laying on me. It rests against my chest as I try to breathe past the light force, light pressure clinging to my side as if trying to keep warm. A strange sensation travels up my torso, as if the thing is making sure I won't leave.

Peeking open one of my sleep filmed eyes, trailing down to land on the 'something.' Their body tucked as close as possible at my side, an arm draped over my chest with their head lying peacefully on my shoulder as their hair gives an occasional tickle at my nose.

It takes me a moment to register what my half opened eye is seeing... after a few minutes both of my eyes open fully, as my neck cranes to get a better look... and when I do, I feel a hot flash of heat rush across my cheeks, the tips of my ears start to burn and tingle from pure embarrassment and alarm.

Harry Hesterson.

Sweet, innocent Harry... is in my bed... laying on my chest.

I swallow awkwardly, trying my best to untangle my arm from under his tiny form, when I notice my own arm hugging him closer, tenderly resting on his shoulder. Harry stirs slightly, eyes fluttering softly, a tiny sleep filled groan escapes him before settling down again. His pale and freckled face looks so relaxed, which is possibly the only time I have seen him like this. Even when he was at the shelter he didn't look this calm. This at ease...

The pressure of Harry's figure presses harder as he shuffles a little closer to me, causing another rush of heat to spread across my already blushing cheeks. I feel the light, quiet thumping of his heart when he pushes himself against my body, his fingers grasping around the fabric of the only thing covering my chest.

As much as I want to stay and snuggle against the angel laying next to me, keep close to his comfort, hug him tighter, I know I have to get up and get dressed. Giving out a soft sigh, I carefully begin to shuffle my arm from under the top of Harry's back, careful not to wake him in the process. A few uneven and tired moans leave his lips once my arm is free from under him. The hand that he has resting on my chest clutches once again around the material of my vest, almost as if he is subconsciously asking me to stay where I am.

I stay there for a few more minutes until Harry loosens his grip to turn over in the bed. Making sure he's still sleeping, I drape the quilt over him and slowly get out of bed and head toward the closet. Digging through a pile of my baggy t-shirts, managing to find one that I know will cover me up perfectly. I snatch a pair of grey joggers from the hanger, then shuffle over to get myself a pair of clean boxers and socks. I take a quick glance at the clock on the stand and then at Harry, who starts to stir beneath the sheets.

A small buzz grabs my attention, realising that it's my phone I swiftly pick it up from the night stand and take with me into the en suite, making sure to lock the door... just in case, and then gently place the fresh clothes on the counter near the sink. Before I manage to do anything else my phone vibrates in my hand with a text.