C H A P T E R F I V E

•~•

•~•

"Ow little miss!", Calvin yelped while standing up

"Oh!", Buttercup shrieked in surprise.

"Miss you just spilled my dinner all over me", he told the shocked girl.

"Oh! I'm so sorry Calvin!", Buttercup grabbed a napkin and tried to clean the stain from his pants.

"It's fine", he pushed her hand away. "Just keep your head out of the clouds. You seem to be very distracted"

He walked away to go clean up while laughing. Buttercup for the millionth time since being on this ship flushed red.

She had been daydreaming about Orbis and their kiss. It's been a couple days since she seen him because he has busy in his private quarters planning the next raid. All she's been thinking about is that passionate kiss they shared.

Never in her life had she kissed a boy before that and she felt these strange feelings within herself like she just wants to give her whole heart to him. She rather spend her time with him than run around and clean and cook around the ship for all of the crew members. Currently she had been serving the crew members their dinner she cooked but, her mind had been other places.

Now that her head was back down to earth she went on serving all of the crew men. Most of them were very nice and sweet to her such as Calvin but, there had been one man that had been creepily staring at her as she's been on the ship. She's just been ignoring.

"Buttercup", Henry called her as he entered the eating hall.

"Yes?", she turned to ask him.

"Captain wants his food delivered to him in his private quarters", Henry declared.

Shortly after arriving she figured out that Henry was Orbis's first mate. He was very nice to her when they talked and quite funny. He would always tease her.

"Yes of course", she quickly rushed to the kitchen to get Orbis's plate together.

He rushed throughout the hallways. She was so excited to finally be able to speak and talk to him. It felt like years since they last spoke together even though it's only been a few days.

Oh no! She stop on the spot in front of the door to his private quarters. She's become obsessed. She couldn't possibly become obsessed that might lead her to disappointment if they one day decide she's too much extra baggage and kick her off.

Buttercup composed herself before walking in. She smoothed out her baby blue dress and took a couple deep breaths in and out. She was ready.

She softly knocked on the door and stood outside waiting for a reply. Once she heard a muffled grunt through the other side of the door she took that as a cue to walk through the door.

Peaking through the door she saw Orbis bent over his desk looking through the papers on the desk.

"Hello I have your dinner", she set his dinner on the desk and turned to leave but, was caught when a hand reached out and grabbed her wrist.

Buttercup felt herself being pulled onto a lap. Tipping her head up she saw the same eyes she's been dreaming about constantly for the past couple days staring directly into hers. He quickly gave her a peck on the lips with his chapped lips. He set his chin a top his head and weaved his arms around her body to pull her into a tight hug.

"Are you sleeping well at night?", he asked curiously.

"Yes. The waves have calmed down and the sickness has gone away", she said confidently and happily.

At her happy smile he got a little sad. Orbis wanted her to sleep in his room but, since she felt fine in her own room he didn't want force or ask her to do anything uncomfortable to her.

"Oh, well that's good", he tried to keep the sadness out of his voice but, Buttercup still noticed.

"What's wrong?", she gave him a light kiss on the cheek.

"No, just a little stressed over our next raid", he smoothly lied not wanting to worry her.

"Oh good. What do you do for a raid?", she asked curiously, maybe she could join on time considering she was a pirate now.

"We just steal from the rich and give some to the poor. We also do still keep some for ourselves too of course", he jokingly said.

"So you guys are basically like Robin Hood", she giggled finding it finding it a little silly.

She remembered her mother would have another prostitute named Alexa who knew how to read, read to Buttercup. One of Buttercup's favorite was Robin Hood. She always loved how heroic it was that he gave the money to the poor that he stole from the rich.

"I guess you could say that", he chuckled at that.

She wrapped her arms around his neck hugging him tightly.

"You're my Robin Hood", she whispered lovingly.

He couldn't help but, smile at that. He never had felt this sort of love before in his life. Sure his father loved him when his mother couldn't because she left with her lover when she was young. After that his father got sick and gave him to a pirate ship where he worked for years under the old captain before rising up the ranks and become captain. Sure, he took a few lovers to satisfy certain needs but, none like this before.

He felt genuine love for this woman and didn't know how to express it correctly. He would give up everything he has for Buttercup if she simply asked.

"You're my little flower", he whispered into her ear. "Anything you want, I shall give"

"I just want your heart", she whispered softly against his shoulder she lay her head on.

"Then my heart you shall have" he told her quite seriously and gave a light kiss on the forehead. "My heart you have indeed"