C H A P T E R S I X

•~•

•~•

Thunder loudly cracked outside scaring Buttercup awake

Thunder loudly cracked outside scaring Buttercup awake. After doing her duties like cleaning up the boat and cooking for the crew she decided to head to bed. SHe didn't know that there would be rough storms tonight.

The swinging hammock made her sick like the first night she arrived on the ship. She got out the hammock and made a plan to leave her room and escape into her robin hood's room. A good cuddle with him with help the fear go away. She felt that Orbis could run any dangerous thing away from her.

Cracking the door open she looked out into the hallway to see if anyone was there since she didn't want anyone to see her in her sear night dress.

She tiptoed down the hallway trying to find Orbis's door to his private rooms. The wooden floor boards felt cold against her bare feet.

Finding the door she opened it up to find her robin hood sleeping in his bed unaffected by the thunder. She softly walked over to his bed to slip in without making a sound.

Buttercup lifted the covers attempting to not waking up Orbis but, failed miserably when thunder crashed down making a loud noise which caused her to shriek at the top of her lungs. Quickly jumping up on to his feet, Orbis searched around for the intruders that made that loud noise only to find his Buttercup trembling in fear by the bed.

In an instant reaction he walked over and wrapped her into a tight hug in his arms wondering why the little lady was scared out of her wits. She just stood there frozen.

"Lovely lady what's wrong?", he asked setting his chin atop of her head tucking her in closer.

"Th-th-thunder", she stuttered fearfully into his chest.

"Oh my love", he whispered.

Gently he picked her up bridal style in his arm and set her gently on the soft comfortable bed. Getting into bed after her, he covered them in the thick warm blankets and snuggled closer to her. He felt so comfortable laying next to her.

Even though she felt safer lying next to Orbis, she still felt a little scared since she still heard the thunder cracking in the sky.

"It's going to be alright Buttercup, I'm here for you", he whispered hoping he would calm her down but, it didn't help at all.

Instead there was another crack of thunder even louder than the last which caused her to shriek loudly into his ear. He felt helpless because he didn't know what to do and could just whisper sweet nothings into her ear hoping it might do something.

In his last attempt to calm her down he gave a soft kiss on her forehead then on the cheek then on the other cheek. This surprise attacks of kisses have distracted her from her previous fearful thoughts of the thunder and loud sounds. Softly giggling because the kisses all over her face felt like tickles.

Orbis couldn't help but chuckle a little at her cute reaction. This is a new concept for him. He usually with very confident sassy women who just sort of use him for their personal needs and satisfaction but, it didn't really bother him in a way since he would do the same thing. It was a unspoken thing between him and the women.

It was new for him to have a cutesy relationship but, it was something he always wanted. He wanted someone he could share his deep feeling with and they would listen and comfort him but, he didn't just want to feel special he also wanted make someone feel special. He just wanted to be someones special someone but, now that he felt he was one and he didn't know what to do.

Orbis did what he thought he knew because he saw these type of couples before as he traveled around the world going to different cities in different countries. They all showed great affection to each other that he never dreamed of giving to anyone else or receiving but, now that he has it, it felt amazing.

Buttercup felt so special in that moment. She had her own prince like the one in the stories she always read as a child. He was perfect in every way possible and he made her feel safe and beautiful.

They laid there for awhile in complete bliss in each others arms. Buttercup didn't feel scared anymore because she lied in his arms and his arms are like a shield from the dangerous and scary things in the world.

"My love, we are have a raid when we land in port in a couple days", Orbis broke the silence in the room.

Buttercup immediately becomes worried.

Will they be ok?

Will she be ok?

Will he murder people?

Was she in love with a murderer?

What will she do during the raid?

All these questions ran through her mind.

"What will we be doing?", was the question she decided to ask him.

"We?", he asked genuinely confused.

What did she mean we? He wouldn't have her fight because she doesn't know how to and he refused to teach her because he would never want her to fight his battles. She might get severely hurt because there were seriously dangerous people in this world that he was forced to fight head to head and had to suffer some very serious injuries he has had to suffer. He would never want that for her.

"Yes we. We're in this together", she said very seriously not taking no for an answer.

"This will be the last time we speak about this and the final answer is no Buttercup. I don't want you getting hurt because you're very special to me", he said in a hard and final tone not taking her no for an answer.

"But... ", she wanted to fight and argue with him about this but he cut her off.

"Let's just go to bed", he interrupted her.

Closing his and let his breaths even out with her in his arms, he was lawled to sleep but, she stayed awake with a pout on her face.

Coming up with a plan she'd show him that she'd be a great fight not just a damsel in distress but, first she had to find someone to teach her. Who would that be?