15.

At least the breakup is over...
Hey! Look at me being positive, eh?

15.
Healing
-•-

I blinked my eyes a few times before I opened them slowly. I got hit by a wave of bright light and immediately closed my eyes again. My head was pounding, my cheeks were wet. I tried opened my eyes just a bit and squinted to see something. I felt a thumb caress my cheek, brushing the water away. I finally opened my eyes and saw my mom standing over me. When she was I was awake, she smiled widely, and half hugged me.

"Annabeth!" She exclaimed. "You're awake!"

I coughed a bit. "What happened? Why did I pass out?" I asked her.

My mom's face darkened. "Don't you remember anything?"

I furrowed my eyebrows at her. Then everything hit me like a truck. After school, practice cancelled, I was searching for Luke, and then I saw him kissing another girl, I gave him a piece of my mind, I wanted to see Percy, he was kissing Rachel and then...I fainted. What? That was so not me...

"Who brought me here?" I asked once more.

"Percy." My mom pushed away a strand of hair on my face. "Percy brought you here," she replied.

I blinked my eyes a few more times for I could still not see clearly. "Where-where is he now?"

"He went home, Annabeth," My mom said, her voice soft like she didn't want to frighten someone. "Sleep-you're clearly tired."

"But Luke.." I began, my sight suddenly turning blurry. "Luke, he-!"

"I know everything Annabeth. Percy told me," my mom said. "But you have to sleep now. We will talk once you wake up."

I wanted to protest but I found myself falling asleep at my mother's words.

-•-

"Annabeth!" Piper exclaimed, pulling me into a tight hug. "How are you, girl?!"

"I'm fine," I said, struggling to breath. Piper and her surprisingly strong hug always startled me. That girl looks so innocent but I'll tell you that she can break someone's arm and make it look like an accident. "I'm fine, Piper. Just-just suffocating a bit right now!"

Piper pulled away, brushing her choppy brown hair back, her kaleidoscopic eyes twinkling. "Sorry..." she apologised profusely.

"Annabeth, I wonder..." Thalia said, stroking her chin while nudging Reyna who was standing next to her. "Would you be healthy enough to come with us and, I don't know, murder someone...? Whaddya say, Reyna?"

"You know what..?" Reyna replied, a smirk appearing on her face. "I have a bunch of weapons that I've been dying to use!"

"Annie, you in? I mean, you can make a blueprint, Reyna will grab the weapons, all of us could wear sneaky black outfits, sneak into that cheater's house, kill him-leaving no evidence, and come back like nothing happened!" Thalia said, rubbing her hands together mischievously.

I smiled a bit, touched by how much these girls cared for me. "No, Thalia, Reyna. We aren't gonna be killing anyone!" I shook my head with a cross look on my face.

"Aw, come on!" Thalia and Reyna chorused, as I rolled my eyes at them.

"Annabeth! Tell me the full thing! Tell me what happened-every single detail has to be there," Piper demanded, her eyes shining.

I told her everything-from how practice got cancelled, the weird noises in the room, Luke cheating on me, him running behind me, Percy and Rachel-everything, just like Piper asked.