Chapter 27.

Sorry for the wait guys I was working on something else 😉. Enjoy!

He stood so strong in that quick moment before he saw my situation. He let out a growl as he looked over my features, my ripped clothes, dried blood on my neck and wrists, and the bruises forming on my arms. His brows furrowed in anger although, once his eyes reached mine I could tell he instantly relaxed. The knife that Adam held against my neck began to dig into my skin. The knife so close and that is what made me fear the situation, the proximity to death just as my life with the man I love began.

"Oh, look who it is. My dear son." Adam's laughter filled the air.

Raven seethed, "You get your hands off her." He took a step forward.

I took a deep breath, causing the knife to dig deeper into my skin almost causing blood to seep out. "I will once you give me what's mine." Adam gave a wry laugh and smiled.

"She's gone Adam. She rejected you, and that's because you decided to not treat her the way she deserved." Raven said while inching his way closer to me.

Adam abruptly pulled me back, "Yes but you took her! I needed her! I need her!" Adam yelled. The knife drawing the slightest amount of blood by the pull.

Raven glanced down at me then back at Adam. Raven's eyes held worry, something I had never seen on him. He was often logical and cleared away any worry but now, I could see it evidently that he was fearful of what could happen.

'When I hit him, you run. Okay? Don't look back.' He tensed

'What about-' I began.

'That's an order.' He growled in the link. I immediately suppressed and looked away.

Raven circled Adam looking and analyzing, for a weak point. Adam just stood in his place and chuckled. "Oh son, you really think you can overpower me?"

"Adam, don't mean to bust your ego but what makes you think you'll win this ?" Raven questioned, a slight challenge hidden in his tone. "And I'm not your son." He muttered.

Adam made a fling movement with his hand and within seconds ten men walked in. "My army." He countered.

Raven smirked, amused. "Ha your army!?"

Adam furrowed his eyebrows. "Your army isn't going to do anything Adam." Raven said while giving out one last laugh.

I was getting bored of all this nonsense to say the least. "I have my men upstairs, killing your so called army." He stepped forward.

Adam growled and moved to the back of the room with me in his arms, my breath hitched in nervousness. I took a quick glance to the corner of the room where a guard held Emmanuel in his arms. I looked back to Raven as he gave Adam a hard glare. Once his eyes met mine his face softened and relaxed. They could continue this childish banter, or they could begin fighting and if Raven was not going to make the first move, then I was despite his orders.

'Trust me, okay?' I mind linked, meeting my gaze with Raven for a few split moments.

'What-' Raven began before I cut him off by kicking my leg backwards, as strongly as my current weak body could muster. Adam recoiled and grabbed his manhood as he groaned in pain. The room went into chaos just then. Raven rushed to me and grabbed my body. His touch on me felt like heaven, I almost wanted to stop and relish in the moment. Raven's recruits came in yelling while beginning to fight. I was pulled into his body as he ran out of the chaotic room. "Go! Go run, make it out of here. I love you." Raven yelled at me.

I hesitated for a moment before turning on my heel and running down the corridor. I could sense his eyes still on my back as I looked back at him, seeing him turn around and go back into the room. I soon heard footsteps behind me then beside me as Emmanuel caught up. "You never told me that your mate was an Alpha!" He panted.