3. H E L L R A I S E R

The little black dress hugs every inch of my body, elongating my legs further and showing a little too much of my thighs

The little black dress hugs every inch of my body, elongating my legs further and showing a little too much of my thighs. Maybe I shouldn't have confirmed my attendance a little too early, but what other activities can I think of that would keep me productive? 

Jaden suggested we take her car and leave for the party so the amount of time spent on beautifying ourselves wouldn't go down the drain. We pull into the driveway of an enormous house, no longer feeling the bile rising up to my throat as I get out of Jaden's car. I no longer feel nauseous.

The bottom line is my roommate is a terrible driver.

"I'm hoping you did not get a warrant" a boy with shaggy, light brown hair accompanied with an excited grin on his face exclaims, swooping Jaden into a hug. "You look so beautiful tonight, you always do," He kisses her tenderly like he hasn't seen her for ages and slings a protective arm around her shoulder, turning to acknowledge my presence.

"Is this the girl you were talking about earlier?" he asks, green eyes darkening with skepticism, eyeing me from head to toe. Jaden blushes with embarrassment. "That's Ivy who moved in not so long ago."

"I'm pretty sure she can speak for herself, " the boy tersely says, extending his hand for a shake. "Reed, cool meeting you."

We are addressed with loud, heavy music blaring through the amplifiers the minute we step inside the living room. On the left-hand side, a group of boys joined by some girls are playing a game of what looks like beer pong, while on the other side of the room another group is starting to do body shots off one another.

To say I am apprehensive would be an understatement. There's even a slip'n'slide at the backyard which I can see through the French doors amidst the crowd in the living room. I'm starting to get the impression Reed doesn't like me so much.

"I'm going to go and get us some drinks, will be back." Once Reed disappears into the crowd, Jaden shoots me an apologetic look. "Listen, reed does not hate you. He's not that difficult to get along with when it comes to meeting new people."

A sympathetic smile cracks on Jaden's face.
Its like she knew what I had been thinking all along and I feel sorry for her to be apologizing on Reed's behalf. But truth be told, I don't blame that guy. If I were him, I would be giving everyone a hard time, especially when it comes to finding out what their intentions with my girlfriend-as the opposite gender- would be.

"He tends to be overprotective about the people he cares about. He was like that when he and Chace met for the first time." 

My heart swells at the mere mention of his name. I am suddenly curious to know if Chace is here. Like any other desperate fifteen year old, my eyes search the living room to see if he might be here somewhere. Five feet away from where Jaden and I are positioned, is Chace whose expression is that of pure boredom as some girls try their best on getting lucky tonight. He is wearing a grey shirt and black jeans that are torn around the knee area, a cigarette dangling in between his fingers. Instantly he glances, aiming those marvellous aquamarine eyes right at me, taking the whole "The boy your mother told you to stay away from" to a whole new level.