K✔️

Dear baby girl.

If your reading this it means we've sadly passed away.

We are sorry that we never got the chance to tell you when we were alive but maybe it's better coming from a letter then actually us, at least we won't see the disappointed look on your face.

Have you ever wondered why you don't have the same eye colour as us or why you have blonde and we have brown hair?

We always said you got it from your nan but that's not the truth, the truth is baby girl that we adopted you when you was 2, your birth mother couldn't cope with looking after you with her illness so she gave you to us so we could bring you up as our own.

Your brith mother didn't want you to know about her until you was old enough to know the truth, she had breast cancer at the time and with the bills and chemo she knew you was better off with us.

We did try to reach out to her when you was 13 but we couldn't find her.

We both love you so so much and to us you are our daughter, you see we couldn't have children ourself so you and Lyla were our children. Blood doesn't always make you family.

We don't know anything about your real father your mother never spoke about him.

But if you would like to find your birth parents then don't for one minute think we are upset, we hope you find them and have someone there for you now we aren't here.

Your mothers name is Lorraine Smith, she's originally from London in England.

Everything is your name baby girl, spend it wisely.

We love you Khloe.

After reading that letter I realised how much it makes sense now, like how my cousins always looked at me like I didn't belong in the family, I always thought it was because I was quiet or I didn't like the things they liked but the truth is finally out.

I never thought for one moment that my parents wouldn't be my actual birth parents, why would I when I had the most amazing upbringing.

I don't know if I want to look for my birth parents or just leave it as it is because if Lorraine really wanted to be in my life she would be, no matter what happened or how poor we would of became.

All I keep thinking about is about how selfless my parents were, they brought up a daughter that wasn't blood and gave me absolutely everything I wanted, they paid for my university courses so I could follow my dream as an wedding planner, they supported my business when I wanted to branch out on my own instead of working in a company, they gave me whatever I wanted without anything in return.

Even when I was 16/17 and went through a rough stage of being a horrible teen they never turned their backs on me, they're my parents even if they aren't my blood.

--------------------------------------

I showed Lyla the will and the letter and explained that the money they have in their accounts was officially hers, which made her cry.

"Why?" She cried.

"Because you were like their daughter too. You deserve it." I explained.

"But-but it's your money" She kept crying.

"Now its our's. I don't know why you are crying its just money." I said laughing at her.

"Thank you Khlo, you mean the world to me, I'm so thankful for meeting you and being part of your family." She said finally calming down.

"Me too." I said giving her a hug.

"Do you want to find her?" Lyla said after reading the letter again.

"I'm not sure, what would I say? 'Hi mum I'm your daughter you gave up 20 years ago'. " I said sarcastically.

"Maybe not like that." She said laughing.

"I don't know, maybe in the future. Right now I'm focusing on work and sorting the house out." I said shrugging

"Okay, what are you going to do it?"

"I don't know, I can't live there it's too many memories" I said shaking my head at the thought.

"Maybe we can both move in? If we re-do the house?" Lyla suggested

"I'm not sure about that. We can re-do it and see how we feel after." I said

"That's a good idea, I'm going to meet Cain tonight" She said blushing.

"Isn't this the fifth date? Should I stay out the flat tonight." I said teasing her which makes her blush.

"Shut up." She said laughing.

Before I could reply my work phone rang. I sighed, I didn't want to work right now but can't let people down. i got my notebook ready to take notes.

"Hello Khloe Quinn speaking how can I help you?" I said politely

"Hello, I'm just ringing to make an enquiry. My friend is getting married and she would love if you could plan her wedding but we would like it to be a surprise for her. Could you do that?" I heard a very strong accent over the phone.

"We can do that, I can hear an accent so I can assume the wedding isn't in ireland?" I asked.

"That's correct, we are actually from London which isn't too far. Myself and the groom can fly over to Belfast to go over the details if necessary?" He asked.

"That's great, I'm booked up for the next month, if we say the 13th October at 3pm? I assume by having my number you know where my office is?" I asked looking at my diary to see when I have space.

"Yes we do, that's perfect, see you then Miss Quinn" He said before hanging up.

------------

It's not edited.

Don't forget.

Follow

Comment

Vote!