Chapter 21

In fairytales, there are two paths. One will lead you to happiness and honor; the other, not so much. Take the Wizard of Oz for example; Dorothy follows the yellow brick road to find her way home.

   Except I'm not living in a fairytale. From a mortals eye, it would seem so, but this is my real life. I don't have a dog; I have a cat. I don't own ruby red slippers. I don't have a green ugly witch chasing after me. In this story, I'm the witch and the one chasing after me is the devil.

    Damien, basically laid out my life for me. Made sure certain things would happen for me to end up where I am today. Right in his castle in hell; in the palm of his hand.

    According to him, I was to be queen of hell. There was no denying that in his mind. I would stand by his side and love him like air.

Not if I can't stand it.

*  *  *

   Some would call me the goddess of mischief. The queen of chaos is more like it.

    I was thinking, if I must be queen; why not get people to hate me, so I couldn't be? It made sense in my brain. The subjects would hate me as their queen; making their decisions and ruling over them. What if I get them to hate me so much, that they riot.

It sure would make Damien mad. Double points there.

    My plan of mischief started three days ago. First, I played little pranks on the staff. Such as, making them trip and spill things on dukes and duchess; I swear I got Zach one time. His face was priceless. He was not ready for that bowl of soup coming his way.

     Next thing was to let people know I was the one playing all this tricks. I stood in the middle of the castle gardens. I remember when Damien first took me here and explained the garden was for me.

If it was mine, why wouldn't I make some adjustments?

      A wave of my hand and everything is up in smoke. The flames peeling the roses petals away from the steam.

     I stood there, watching as the inferno washed away the beauty

     I stood there, watching as the inferno washed away the beauty. It was gorgeous; all the heat and chaos.

      Damien, Sebastian and Zach were soon out there to see what had happened. The maids and butlers trying to put the fire out by dumping water on the flowers.

"What the hell happened Kat?"

"What do you mean? I added something extra." I said with a smile.

"You burned down the garden?" Damien says

"Yes. Yes I did." I walk away from them with a smile on my face. A tinkle in my eyes as I thought myself proud.

    After the garner incident, I took my revenge on the town and the actual area of hell. I would turn the red moon into a pink color. I would turn the creatures of the night into cute little bunnies. I would set fire to any house or store I thought right.