THREE

MAX'S POV

-Next Day-

Once I wake up I immediately get escorted into my dressing room. My outfit is laid out and adrenaline runs through my veins.

Today is the day.

AVA'S POV

As soon as I arrive at the castle I do not even have time to take in the scenary or architecture. Immediately I am escorted into a room. A lady in a long dress smiles, "Let's quickly sort out your clothing so that you look presentable for Prince Maxwell."

I take a moment to analyze my surroundings. A pail white wallpaper with blush pink roses is plastered around the room. It is accompanied by a queen size bed along with a dressing table and walk in closet where the kind lady is unpacking my belongings.

After a few moments I hear water running. Immediately I stand up and I watch the young lady run a bath before throwing red rose petals inside it.

She turns to me, "My lady, you must freshen up before your first encounter with your highness." I quickly nod as she steps aside for me to enter the bathroom before I shut the door.

Before I enter the bathtub I am interrupted by a gentle knock, "Miss, I just want to let you know that inside the small white cabinets there are various creams and fragrances that you can use."

I gently mumble, "Thank you."

I cautiously step into the bathtub before I allow my body to relax. I sink down and shut my eyes.

A heavy weight is placed on my chest as I long for my family. For Ross. Or how my goodbyes were all so sudden and rushed.

After a few minutes I begin to wash my hair and I inhale the tropical scent of the products.

Once I hop out the bathtub I throw on a robe. As soon as I enter the room I see the young lady with a pot of tea on a tray ready for me.

I smile, "Can I make you a cup of tea?" Her eyes widen, "Pardon, miss?" I shake my head and scrunch up my nose, "It's alright, we can drop the formalities. I'm not more superior than you are. In fact, we're equal. Hi, I'm Ava-Lane Montgomery. But more commonly known as Ava. What's your name, miss?"

She is still stunned but manages to compose herself, "Lorelai Young." I smile, "It's an honour to meet you, Miss Lorelai Young." She smiles before I make her a cup of tea and we pick out my attire for my first encounter with him.

-Later-

I know that I'm only doing this for my family. Therefore I need to be as poised and put together as possible. Gracefully I walk out to the main hall.

As I patiently wait I smoothen my dress out. Mother managed to make this for me before I left. It was her gift to say thank you. I took it not because I expected a gift, but it's the only thing I have that truly reminds me of home.

I notice the woman begging to enter the room. Wow. There's a lot of woman present.

I hear a giggle, "I was unaware that they allowed the help to participate." I furrow my eyebrows, "I beg your pardon, Miss?"

The brunette pulls out her fan before grinning, "Look at your dress. What a horrible looking thing. One can tell that you're from the lower class. The name's Zara Clifford, but you can call me Queen."

I stare at her, "Well until then, Miss Zara Clifford, I would respect every individual present in this room regardless of their position or status on this ludicrous hierarchy. At the end of the day, the so called lower class know a lot more then some snobby-"

I am cut off by a tall, skinny, middle-aged man, "Ladies, I'd like to present to you, King Philip of Rustenwood. Accompanied by our future King, Prince Maxwell."

As if one que, all the females curtsey. I look around me and see all the woman batting their eyelashes and nearly drooling over the sight of him.

He still does not compare to Ross.

Prince Maxwell smiles, exposing his dimples,"Wow, what an honour and a privilege to be able to get to know each of you individually. I am so grateful for the opportunity. Despite how I feel, I want you all to know that I, at all times want you to feel comfortable. Therefore I will not force any one of you to stay here against you will. If at anytime you want to return home to your family, I fully understand."

The King nods,"Yes, indeed. However, you need to understand that the public will be watching your every move. Therfore, I would suggest thinking before you act. Especially if you are some of the last ones remaining. If the public does not approve of you, they will rip your entire reputation into shreds."

Have I really made the right decision to participate in this?