SEVEN

AVA'S POV

I glance at Vee whose glowing. I've never seen her this happy. I smile, "How was it?" Claire raises her eyebrows, "How was what?" Vee smiles, "The Prince was the sweetest and most considerate human being ever. He is a true gentleman. We walked and talked and nearly kissed. It was magical!"

Marie gasped, "Nearly kissed you say!" Vee nods and beams. I smile, "Well, I'm happy that you're happy." She immediately embraced me in a hug,

As soon as I arrive back in my room, Lorelai beams, "Prince Maxwell wants you to meet with him, this evening!" I raise my eyebrows, "Really? Why?"

Lorelai shrugs but immediately rushes me into the bathroom and slips me into a breathtaking gown.

She beams, "I took the liberty to ask a dear friend of mine to make you a dress for an occasion such as this! Oh I'm so excited!"

Completely ignorant to my protests, Lorelai gives me a complete make over.

I stare at my reflection in the mirror. Nearly gawking at the sight of myself.

Woah.

Imagine if Ross had to see me now? My heart longs for him.

Lorelai smiles,"The Prince would like to meet you downstairs in the gardens by the water fountain." I vaguely remember where that is before nodding, "Thank you for everything, Lorelai."

She smiles, "Thank you, Princess Ava." I smile before making my way to the gardens.

MAX'S POV

Patiently I wait for Ava. She does not pitch.

I mentally debate whether or not to leave or proceed to wait. Before I could come to a conclusion I see her.

Wow.

She looks beautiful.

She sees me and gives me a small smile, "You requested to see me, your Highness."

I nod, "Um, yes. You look beautiful." She nods and smiles, "Thank you."

She stares at me expecting me to say something. I quickly clear my throat, "Right. Yes, earlier we had a bit of a fallout, yes?"

She furrows her eyebrows, "Well, I wouldn't call it a fallout. More like an argument." I nod, "Yes, an argument."

She sighs, "Perhaps I was to harsh with you. To me, flattery is so common. I mean it seems like this is all some game to you. You go from woman to woman and pretend that you're interested in them. I've watched hearts break and tears fall all because of you. It's ridiculous, if you ask me."

I nod, "Miss Ava-Lane, you must understand that I have good intentions. I haven't dated much and this is new territory for me. I'm under pressure from the public and my Father with regards to not only my Royal duties as the heir of the crown. But also as a man who needs a Queen. I need to make a relationship work, otherwise I have no say. Most of my life I've had no say in anything whatsoever. The woman that I will love, who will produce my children and who will lead with me, I want that decision to be made by no one else, but me."

She sighs before sitting down by the fountain."You put up this front. Sometimes I don't even know if you're being genuine or not. Frankly, I don't care."

He sighs, "Ava, if you don't care. Why are you here?"

I stand up and turn towards him, "You requested me here." He takes a step toward me, "Fine. Then why do you pay such close attention to my every move?"

I fold my arms, "Someone has to. Cleary, it's not going to be anyone else her as they're all practically swooning over you."

He takes another step towards me before smirking, "You care about me. Just admit it. You know why I put up a front."

I furrow my eyebrows, "Absolutely not. Why didn't you send me home, Max?" He takes one final step towards me, his lips inches away from mine.

"Isn't it obvious enough?"

I stare into his eyes, trying fo read him, but failing miserably.

I gently shut my eyes as his lips nearly brush against mine.

But then his body heat is immediately replaced by the cool crisp night air. I open my eyes to see him smiling.

I fold my arms as I've just proved his point. "So what? Perhaps I care, just a bit. But that's as far as it goes."

He smiles and nods, "Goodnight, Miss Ava-Lane Montgomery." I frown, "It's Ava. Goodnight your Highness."

He shakes his head, "It's Max." I walk away with a small grin plastered across my face.

As soon as I enter my room and crash on to my bed, only then does it hit me.

Oh my soul. No, this can't be. The more I try justifying the situation the more clearer the conclusion becomes.

I cheated on Ross, with Prince Max.