Chapter 10

"What? I uh- I don't know," he said, trying to stay out of it. Bruce narrowed his eyes at the younger man. "Look, another memory," Victor continued with a slight shake in his voice, pointing out another scene forming around them.

- - -

The scene that materialized around them was one of chaos. People ran wild in the streets, fleeing from what looked like a massive robot that threatened to crush them beneath its metal feet. 

Roads were ripped apart, lampposts bent at odd angles, trees torn to splinters. In the middle of all the chaos was Marvel himself, floating in the air and trying to distract the massive robot and keep it in one location.

"Hey, iron giant! why don't you come after me huh? I'm the little fly buzzin' around your head!" he yelled out, smirking as he got the bot's attention. He blew a raspberry at the droid and dodged a swiped of its massive hand, laughing at its clunky movements.

Captain Marvel glanced down towards the road, checking to see if anyone was around before smirking at the robot and letting loose a volley of electrical sparks. 

Lightning bounced around his godly form as he continued to throw what looked like balls of lightning at the robot, making the massive thing stumbled backward. "Uh-oh-" he said, his eyes widening as the thing stumbled back right for a building.

"Hey! You break it you buy it buddy!" he yelled before vanishing in a red blur and appearing on the other side of the mech and shoving it away from the skyscraper. 

"Okay- okay think Billy- how do you get this thing to stay down?" he muttered, narrowing his eyes at the robot.

The demigod's eyes flicked around in thought before suddenly lighting up with an idea. "Of course!"

Cap flew above the monster, surveying his surroundings with calculating eyes before diving near its feet and tearing up a telephone pole. "Sorry Fawcett, lines are gonna be down for a bit," he commented, turning to stare up at the robot above him.

He tossed the pole up experimentally before focusing on one part of the robot and hurling the wooden post towards its shoulder joint as it took a swipe at him. 

The pole rammed right through the thick metal, lodging inside and causing the robot's arm to pause at a weird angle.

Captain Marvel smirked and tore up another pole, careful to keep the powerlines connected as he hurled this one at its neck. It lodged inside the metal as well, making the demigod smile wider as he dodged a swipe from its other arm.

He continued this pattern of hurling telephone poles at the robot until it was a tangle of wooden posts and wires, on its knees with its limbs at strange angles. The robot was attempting to move, the wooden posts quickly cracking and splintering.