Chapter 15

"Right, what's the plan then?" Flash asked.

- - -

Lantern didn't look like he'd make it this far, scratching his chin absently. "Well, he- he shoots those lasers out of his eyes, right?" he said, looking around.

"So it's settled then," Wonder Woman replied, unsheathing her sword and holding it aloft. "We blind him."

"That's...as...good a plan as any," Green lantern replied, looking down the edge of Diana's blade.

"Wait, guys I can-" Cap was cut off by the brunet.

"We follow, and we stay outta sight. I'll turn on the fireworks to get his attention, princess, you get within striking distance and stab that son of a bitch in the eye."

"Like poor damned Oedipus," Diana said with a smirk. The Captain sighed, putting on a smile.

"Sure, like what the Greek chick said."

Flash crossed his arms, looking at Lantern. "And the invasion of monsters, raining from the sky? What about them, hotshot?"

"I might be able to send them back where they came from," Vic replied.

"Well, I'm glad you weren't completely incompetent while we weren't there..." Bruce said, watching the group from the memory. Clark nodded in agreement. "You guys did well."

"Good enough for me," Lantern said before floating up a bit. "Here we go team," he said, already getting a snicker from Barry and Victor, and a meager smile from Diana.

"We got this!" the trio said with a snort as Lantern proudly said it in the memory. Hal rolled his eyes, shaking his head at them. "Very funny. You couldn't have come up with anything better and you know it."

The group took off after Lantern, with Cap struggling to keep his laughter in as he flew beside Cyborg. "Aw man, this is awesome, you know? Oh, like that Parker game in Owenson when you ran the ball in overtime? My brother said that you-"

"Alright, who are you and how do you know me?" Vic cut him off.

Cap just grinned in response. "What? I'm a fan! Me and my brother know all about 'Victory' Stone! You're a legend!" he said with a laugh, zapping a demon creature as they passed and making it spiral as it fell through the air.

Victor smiled at the conversation- he remembered it well. It was one of the things that made him value Cap so much as a friend; he was always so genuine and tried making people feel better, even at the expense of himself.