Cast

Allison Swift has spent her entire life trying to fulfill her father's impossible demands. Like Sisyphus' boulder, she does all she can but it is still not enough. How can she when the role of an upper-class housewife that her parents are grooming her for couldn't be more unfitting? However, when a wannabe romantic comes into her life, she learns her intelligence can be valued and that she is perfect just the way she is.

Emmy Rossum as Allison Swift

"I wear a father's disappointment like a dark dress

"I wear a father's disappointment like a dark dress. I look smaller in it than anything else."

"The only thing more beautiful than the woman that knows what she wants is the woman who isn't waiting on anybody else to get it for her."

----------------------------

Diana Mitchell can't help her outspoken, flirtatious personality. Since her twin brother is the golden child, she does practically anything to stand out which frustrates her conservative parents to no end. So if that means raising some hell then that's precisely where she'll be. Yet upon meeting a quiet poet that is the exact opposite of her in every way, she finds that she can be noticed and loved without the facade.

Phoebe Tonkin as Diana Mitchell

"We are the kids our parents warned us about

"We are the kids our parents warned us about."

"When, when the fire's at my feet again and the vultures all start circling, they're whispering, you're out of time but still, I rise."

----------------------------

Margaret Keating is just like her father, a lover of art, music, poetry, and especially dance. After years of living in London with her parents, her father gets transferred to a boy's private school in America which means she just had to convince her mother to let her tag along. But all her father's teachings of carpe diem and sucking the marrow out of life couldn't have prepared her for a saxophone playing goalie to crash into her life like a freight train.