~ Chapter - 18 ~

~~ Gurmeet Chowdary as Siddarth Roy ~~

Amira opened her eyes slowly and her eyes stung with harsh rays emitting from the gap between the curtains that are covering windows, when her eyes swept around she found herself surrounded by her parents and siblings but her eyes were on her twin's Photo which was hung on the wall at the foot of her bed, with unsaid Promise, Pain and tears, just then she felt her brother and mother waking up from their sleep and she closed her eyes again as she was not ready to face them yet for the way they neglected her or didn't even felt her absence during last month and she is angry with them more than that she was hurt by them.

"Babydoll," Abhi called softly cascading his fingers through her hair and she closed her eyes tightly which made him sigh and he realized that she is awake but didn't want to talk to them.

"Ami," Khushi called trying to wake her daughter this time and the response was same and this was seen by Aashi who kept mum and Arnav just sighed before moving towards her.

"Babygirl, we know that we hurt you and we are sorry, we forgot that even you lost someone and even you need support like us, please forgive us Babygirl, you know that Mamma and Papa never like it if you stay angry with any of us right?" Arnav asked softly and Amira opened her eyes at those words and looked at him before speaking.

"Then why did you leave me, you know it really hurt me when you people ignored me, I don't feel good when one of you scold me, shout at me or ignore me even then you people did that and now I'm angry with you and If you want me to talk to you then you should do as I say even without asking any questions, if you promise me that then I will try to forgive you, people," Amira said knowing this was taking advantage of the situation but she can't help it, even she already forgave them because she knows what they are feeling and how guilty they are for doing that upon that they are family after all.

"We promise you Amira that from now onwards we will not ask you till you wish to share with us about anything but it is something about our daughter putting herself in any kind of danger then we will ask you or we will come to know about through any means and will take measures on that and even you can't stop it," Arnav said and she nodded her head and hugged him through waist by keeping her head on his lap and their hug was shared by Abhi and Khushi while Aashi kept her distance looking at Amira before leaving the room which made Amira internally sad but she didn't point out.

After that everything came back to normal as it can be because once there is wound caused by our loved ones it may be healed but it leaves behind a scar as a reminder which can never be vanished reminding us about that throughout our lives, everyone in the family can feel the absence of Amir but they never talked about it, going with the flow of life but what was the difference was the distance between Amira and Aashi even it was hidden from everyone's eyes, the increase of maturity in Amira while the seriousness of becoming something in her life has increased which can be seen in her eyes and the things she does. She lost her innocence, now she approaches everything with cunningness, ruthlessness, intelligence and sharp mindedness which is making her brother and father proud, while her crush has turned into attraction and infatuation which she hides from him and family perfectly, while her dealing with strangers and others has turned into 360 degrees, she is no more soft-spoken and kind-hearted because she stopped trusting them or blindly following them into loving them herself because she is not ready to lose any more of loved ones to the cruelty of the people.

It has been five months and now Amira started her high school and it has been four months into it and everyday Amira is dropped by her father or brother while she was picked up by driver or sometimes by her mother while she misses her sister, she never mentions it in front of her family and both of them behaves as if everything is fine between both of them in front of others, today she was picked up by the driver.