i. SEIZE THE DAY

CHAPTER ONE!( SEIZE THE DAY

CHAPTER ONE!
( SEIZE THE DAY. )

   TRAVESTY, HORROR, DECADENCE, EXCREMENT.

The four pillars of Welton Academy. You sighed deeply as you began to unpack your suitcase. Another year at Welton meant another ten months of sleepless nights and innumerable essays. Your parents were dead-set on you holding up the family's legacy, you had no room to slack off. You adjusted the achievement pins on your Welton blazer after you put your final things away. You took another deep breath, processing the fact that summer was over.

A girl with dark bangs that cut across her pale forehead and an armful of books stepped through the doorway. She looked quite dishevelled but her blue eyes lit up brightly when she saw you.

"Hi! I think I'm your new roommate. My name's Violet, Violet Moore," she smiled benevolently.

"Nice to meet you, I'm Y/N Y/L/N," You held out your hand for her to shake, but her arms were full of luggage and literature. She gave you an awkward smile as she struggled to free her hand. "Oh, sorry," you said. You both laughed as you helped her set down her books. Finally, you shared a handshake and you sat down on your bed.

"You must be new," you stated.

"Sure am, my family just moved here from New York."

"Oh wow, you're a city kid."

She chuckled lightly and nodded.

"Well, not to be pessimistic, but don't expect to like it here."

"Oh, I don't already. Everyone is so serious," Violet said.

"The best way to make it through is to find the little things that make you happy. If you want, I'll show you around, maybe you can find something worth being happy about. For me, the hallways in the morning when the light always seems to hit just right," you smiled.

"I'd like that very much," she nodded.

Once the two of you were completely settled in, you began the tour. You decided that you liked Violet, and it was nice to have someone you liked as a roommate. You had gotten bad luck for the past few years, stuck with brown-nosing narcissists. You generally kept to yourself, and though you were on good terms with almost all of your classmates, you didn't really have anyone who you would call a friend. You weren't the best at getting close to people, and you often kept part of yourself hidden. It was almost an instinct. You were also quite private, although you came off as a friendly and confident person.

The next morning came too soon. You forced yourself out of bed and quickly got dressed. You and Violet hurried down to the dining hall, stomachs growling.

"I'm kind of nervous," Violet admitted.

"Me too, and I've been going here since seventh grade," you laughed. "Don't worry, we'll get through. Somehow we always do."